As this is a support forum, I hope we're all trying to be supportive, and I think we are. Sometimes I wonder what kinds of support we can best provide here.
Obviously, those who have had MS for a while are the Voice of Experience--no small thing if you haven't had MS for very long and have only a vague notion of what to expect.
Some time ago someone here suggested that just posting links to information that people could look up for themselves wasn't of much value.
I disagreed with that at the time and I still disagree. People don't always know where to begin to look. If they do a Google search, they will find a bazillion links to choose from. That takes quite a lot of time.
If we already know what links might be useful to the person, we can save that person a lot of digging around on the Internet if we come up with the information or a link to it or a quote.
We have value here. We have a lot to contribute. A newcomer to MS can often bring experience that the rest of us lack just because that person is coming from a world different from our own even if the person has little experience with MS.
When this place had more participants, I was amazed at how every question I asked got answers, often very helpful ones, especially those pointing the way to helpful information via links or quoted material. Someone else knew where to find the information I might have spent hours looking for.
MS isolates many of us. We welcome windows into other people's worlds. Please don't hesitate to talk about the way your life has been going, how you are coping with daily challenges, what's new in your world.
Obviously, those who have had MS for a while are the Voice of Experience--no small thing if you haven't had MS for very long and have only a vague notion of what to expect.
Some time ago someone here suggested that just posting links to information that people could look up for themselves wasn't of much value.
I disagreed with that at the time and I still disagree. People don't always know where to begin to look. If they do a Google search, they will find a bazillion links to choose from. That takes quite a lot of time.
If we already know what links might be useful to the person, we can save that person a lot of digging around on the Internet if we come up with the information or a link to it or a quote.
We have value here. We have a lot to contribute. A newcomer to MS can often bring experience that the rest of us lack just because that person is coming from a world different from our own even if the person has little experience with MS.
When this place had more participants, I was amazed at how every question I asked got answers, often very helpful ones, especially those pointing the way to helpful information via links or quoted material. Someone else knew where to find the information I might have spent hours looking for.
MS isolates many of us. We welcome windows into other people's worlds. Please don't hesitate to talk about the way your life has been going, how you are coping with daily challenges, what's new in your world.
