Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CT shows I have air in my head 2 yrs post-clipping Brain Aneurysm

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    CT shows I have air in my head 2 yrs post-clipping Brain Aneurysm

    Hi there,

    I'm not sure if I am posting this new thread in the correct place, so if I'm not in the right place, kindly direct me. I participated a little on the prior BrainTalk board and did locate the archives for those years' worth of posts, thank you!

    I am coming up on my two-year annie anniversary and have an appointment next week with the neuro who diagnosed my aneurysm. We are going to discuss the CT Brain Angio I had about a month ago. I went in for a regular follow-up scan, but also told him that I continue to have a pain at the site where they drilled into my skull. It's right at the points that protrude somewhat from my forehead and my scalp. I thought these were the heads of my titanium screws that were poking out and still causing me pain.

    He said that they are probably not the screwheads themselves, but perhaps a bony outgrowth. Anyway, that's what we are scheduled to discuss. He did mention that the CT showed air in my head, something that is sometimes seen following surgery, but not normally years post-op. He did say I might want to further discuss it with my neurosurgeon.

    Does anyone here know what that might be about? I'd like to be prepared to ask good questions at my appointment.

    #2
    I am so sorry you are having troubles! I have pain from the screws (or at least what feels like the screws). My NS told me we could remove them since I have healed, but I don't want to have to deal with more surgery so I am going to wait until it causes me too much pain.

    I have never heard of air in someone's head, so I understand your questions!!! Do you think it is from your body not make enough cerebrospinal fluid? Do you have an appointment set up with your NS? Please let us know what you find out.
    Candice-37 years old
    7 mm ophthalmic annie clipped Nov 14, 2007
    4 mm daughter annie clipped March 11, 2009
    September 2009 diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia

    Comment


      #3
      Granted, I'm not a doctor or anything, but I was supposed to fly to SC just months (3) after my ruptured brain aneurysm was clipped. The fact they had to clip it, meant, of course, I had to have a craniotomy. It is my limited understanding that when the skull is opened like that, air can get in. I was told I had to have a CT scan to make sure there was no air on my brain, as that's what causes problems when flying. I was okay at that time and cleared to fly. I haven't required an MRI or a CT in years, now, so I don't have any experience with air found on the brain a couple of years post-op. I would definitely talk to your neurologist about it.
      Last edited by GalacticGal; 08-02-2014, 04:29 PM.

      Comment

      Working...
      X