Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Turn!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    My Turn!

    1-year angiogram checkup tomorrow to see how my stent and re-coiling is doing. I'm feeling good, so I'm hopeful. I'm not really nervous, more anxious. We leave for the UK next month and I'm hoping for a clean bill of health. I'm going anyway, but I don't want to be thinking about it while there.
    Ruptured 11mm annie on 10/5/06. Left internal carotid artery. Coiled at Maine Med. Portland, ME. 16 coils. Coils compacting Dec. 2010. Stent implanted 3/16/2011 and 4 more new coils added 4/27/2011 by Dr. Ecker. Another 4mm annie discovered Dec. 2010. Older sister died from rupture 5/29/12. Smaller annie grew & was clipped in Jan. 2014. Orig. annie getting new remnant. Possible flow diversion needed now. Check out my Brain Blog: Brain Blog

    #2
    Oh Best of Luck Heidi

    A whole flippin day in the hospital but these Angiograms must be done. I know you are an expert at them but still remember to take it very very easy the first week after. NO heavy lifting or bending pushing pulling etc - it's SO easy to forget that.

    You are a delicate violet for at least 3 days!!!

    I am sending good thoughts for a most positive outcome!
    sigpic Tropical Trish
    7mm Basilar Tip~Coiled & Stent Nov4/08 Watch List 2nd Ane
    One of the great labor-saving devices of today is tomorrow!

    Comment


      #3
      Heidi, hope your angio went well and you got great news, I know the feeling's before going in for those darn things, but we have to do it. take it easy for a few and then start thinking about your trip to the UK, that sounds like a wonderful trip to look forward to , I would love to have such a trip . Hugs Honey and good thoughts coming to you .
      Ging

      Comment


        #4
        Heidi, hoping you are through with your angio and have received a good report. Your are in my thoughts.
        Shelly
        Shelly

        Comment


          #5
          Thinking of you!

          Hope it all goes ok Heidi and enjoy your UK trip.
          Trace x

          Comment


            #6
            A Good Report!

            Good report at hospital. Dr. said things look good. I'll still have a follow-up in his office on 4/23 but we're cleared for the trip. VERY relieved. I am sore and need to take it easy & drink those fluids, but other than that, no complaints. Fantastic staff in the Radiology Dept. at Maine Med.

            Thanks to all of your prayers and support. {{{{Hugs back at 'ya}}}}

            Heidi
            Ruptured 11mm annie on 10/5/06. Left internal carotid artery. Coiled at Maine Med. Portland, ME. 16 coils. Coils compacting Dec. 2010. Stent implanted 3/16/2011 and 4 more new coils added 4/27/2011 by Dr. Ecker. Another 4mm annie discovered Dec. 2010. Older sister died from rupture 5/29/12. Smaller annie grew & was clipped in Jan. 2014. Orig. annie getting new remnant. Possible flow diversion needed now. Check out my Brain Blog: Brain Blog

            Comment


              #7
              yay, that is great! happy that you can now think about packing and all the fun you are going to have on your trip.Sounds like you have a very good medical group. ((hugs)) back to you

              Comment


                #8
                That is Excellent Heidi !!! Great news.

                Oh yes now please do take it easy - unless a person has actually gone thru an Angiogram then they don't know what a long long day it is and how intrusive and how long the dratted recovery flat on your back is.....

                You have just had a major operation Kiddo - so DO take it easy! I know you are but you are off travelling soon and if you are like me - well then you are tempted to well....just drag them big ol heavy suitcases out and start packing and such!

                No Heidi - bad. You just sit around for a few dayze and make lists. That will do you well!

                I know you will be good. :)
                sigpic Tropical Trish
                7mm Basilar Tip~Coiled & Stent Nov4/08 Watch List 2nd Ane
                One of the great labor-saving devices of today is tomorrow!

                Comment


                  #9
                  ditto to what Trish said .... rest first ...pack later ..or point things out and let someone else pack
                  be a diva !

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X