Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

change of aneurysm shape after coiling?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    change of aneurysm shape after coiling?

    Okay, my aneurysm was shaped like a tall building or "loaf of bread" on the basilar artery..then when I had this last angio , it looked perfectly round since the coiling ?? Has anyone seen a shape change with coiling? I wonder if the coils packed in there made it round? if you have studied your " annie " pictures and have noticed a change in shape I would love to hear from you on this and if you asked your doctor about it. Thanks for any input you can give . Ging

    #2
    Yes Ging - the shape can change once it's coiled.

    Makes sense really...


    The aneurysm was clipped, totally excised and subjected to histopathological examination. It was found that the material inside the aneurysm sack can change its shape due to the impact of the flowing blood (change in the coil shape, resorption and the recanalization of the clot) similarly to the natural process of aneurysm development. Morphological changes of the aneurysm appear to be also possible in spite of the thrombus formation in the aneurysm sack.

    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
    sigpic Tropical Trish
    7mm Basilar Tip~Coiled & Stent Nov4/08 Watch List 2nd Ane
    One of the great labor-saving devices of today is tomorrow!

    Comment


      #3
      Wow Trish , I just went to the site you had up and was really amazed at the information I read...I had just a quick glance as I was leaving the procedure room and looked at the screen and it looked really round and big and dark ! so I guess it wasn't the drugs, it was a real picture of my aneurysm, I just need to pop off a letter to my head dude and ask ...about shape change and size increase.. and with the shape change...now that it is big and round instead of tall and thin , it might want to bump up against something important in there...it could happen I just might have the winning Lotto numbers and then bamm, annie touches it and I lost the big one....

      Comment


        #4
        Oh man Ging - I never thought of that!!! I am not sure my coiling is touching anything important though in my skull.....

        But if those winning lotto numbers ARE there in your noggin - get to your IR fast! They may be retrievable!!!

        Remember to share with all your friends too ya hear! :)

        You are such a funny one!
        sigpic Tropical Trish
        7mm Basilar Tip~Coiled & Stent Nov4/08 Watch List 2nd Ane
        One of the great labor-saving devices of today is tomorrow!

        Comment


          #5
          Ging,
          So very happy that you finally had coiling done on your annie, , YAY !!!
          Jane

          Comment


            #6
            Jane, wow, I have tried to contact you many times, please email me:) same address !

            Comment


              #7
              I had my very large coiling done in a series of three coilings...of course there were also a number of stents involved...since then I have had a stroke..no real damage except for palsy in my right eye...i should say my aneurysm started on my right carotid, and before stenting it had grown significantly...anyways. as far as shape i am not sure but i do know that because of the size and amount of coiling i have palsy of the right eye with limited vision,,last September i went into hospital with extreme shooting pain in my eye..turns out the aneurysm is now starting to fall and hit more nerves which create the pain...the option at first was ..not sure what you call it...but basically bringing your temp down and using heart/lung machine while a graft was done. However a sharp new intern suggested trying neurontin to see if that helped with the pain...i was initially being treated with Steroids, Psycho med....and then started the neurontin..and it seems to work ...as the pain increases i increase the med and it is working...hoping that my body does not hit an intolerance and let this control it..fingers crossed...then the option would be the said operation or just try to control the pain as much as i can tolerate..i do have a high tolerance of pain...i hope this helps to answer a part or some of your questions. I have been treated at Mass General Hospital.

              Comment

              Working...
              X