Been a while since I visited this forum. Missed you all and happy to see some are doing well (Ging, I hope you are recovering well. I'm happy something has been done for you now:o).
I had stent put in for a right ICA aneurysm and had minor strokes shortly thereafter. This was due to the stent thrombosing despite having been on Plavix before and after the procedure. My right artery in the neck leading to and around the stent is blocked and I was told will probably stay that way. After extensive blood tests to rule out possible blood clotting disorders (all normal but one result still pending), doctors tell me it might be a case of Plavix failing me. I am not one who takes any medications lightly. The strongest med I took before all these is just over the counter paracetamol. As aneurysms tend to recur/regrow and if I need to undergo another procedure, will I risk another stroke because Plavix will not do what it is supposed to do? Doctors say there is no alternative to Plavix (but a drug called Prasugrel is similar to Plavix). Should I just hope for the best next time? I only have one working artery now. I believe that candidates for stenting should be checked for this before their procedure.
I had stent put in for a right ICA aneurysm and had minor strokes shortly thereafter. This was due to the stent thrombosing despite having been on Plavix before and after the procedure. My right artery in the neck leading to and around the stent is blocked and I was told will probably stay that way. After extensive blood tests to rule out possible blood clotting disorders (all normal but one result still pending), doctors tell me it might be a case of Plavix failing me. I am not one who takes any medications lightly. The strongest med I took before all these is just over the counter paracetamol. As aneurysms tend to recur/regrow and if I need to undergo another procedure, will I risk another stroke because Plavix will not do what it is supposed to do? Doctors say there is no alternative to Plavix (but a drug called Prasugrel is similar to Plavix). Should I just hope for the best next time? I only have one working artery now. I believe that candidates for stenting should be checked for this before their procedure.

Comment