Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Functional MRI Results

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Functional MRI Results

    Hi Everyone! I just received my functional MRI results back and once again I am somewhat worried but then again, I am not! Reason is my Mom was diagnosed with stage 4 uterine cancer in August and it spread to her bones! needless to say I am more concerned with her right now than myself! anyway quick question. I have several areas of Encephalomalacia and a small area of chronic Hygroma, I go back to the Cleveland Clinic to see my Epi and the neurosurgeon in late Oct also having a visual eye field test done! just wondering if anyone can shed some light on the two things I have going on up there? also I had my Tbi in 2006 and Epi showed exactly six months almost to the day of my injury. I am left handed and my trauma happen to the right side! and my speech is on the left! Best Regards as always Jeff:angel:
    Last edited by tigerchef1969; 10-19-2011, 06:34 PM. Reason: mistake

    #2
    HI Jeff. If you google both terms, you can find out what each means. The encephalomalacia according to the source I googled sounds like it could easily be due to your TBI. The other one, Hygroma, refers to a collection of fluid as you would find in a fluid filled cyst. Are you sure it read chronic instead of cystic? BY the way I have hada visual fient est. My optometrist had a concern and told me to see an opthamologist who did that test. She also did an MRI too. I learned that I have an area in each visual field, left and right, that is missing a section that resembles a section of a pie. I was told it is called Pie in the Sky, and she thinks it is from my surgery. I have no idea why exactly, and it does not affect my vision that I am aware of anyway. She didn't add anything else except my neurosurgeon did a good job. I know that though. lol I am glad you have an appt coming up. I think the Cleveland Clinic must be a great place. It has such a great reputation for epilepsy care. I'd love to work in their Epilepsy Center. Tattoo

    Comment


      #3
      Thanks Tattoo! yes the result did read chronic hygroma! Thanks for the other input as well, and yes the Cleveland Clinic is quite the amazing place eveytime I go I get lost cause it gets bigger everytime and now they pretty much have a mall u can shop in and eat some good food at! but there epilepsy center has got to be one of the best! I guess Ohio and Cleveland does have some advantages, since all are teams suck now! God Bless Jeff

      Comment

      Working...
      X