Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Winter Storm

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    OT: Winter Storm

    Hi Folks,

    I sure hope the weather is better in your area than it is here in central NY we are under a winter storm warning for up to 10-15 inches of heavy wet snow with strong gusty winds starting Saturday right through Sunday.
    Last night we got about 1-2 inches of heavy wet snow with ice that made it a mess to go into work today. I saw 4 auto accidents on my way into work. Get yourselves ready because it's supposed to be a bad winter for
    those in the North East with blizzard, bitter cold temps, and above average snow this winter. Right now they are predicting Dec. and Jan. to be the 2 worst months of the season. Get your shovels, snow blowers, and salt all ready
    for a bad winter. I will be busy digging out the driveway this weekend. Here's wishing all of you well and May God Bless You!

    Sue

    #2
    Reminds me of Halloween 1991 in Minnesota. We had 28 inches if I remember correctly.

    I'm already booked for a flight down south for Thanksgiving, and some time after Christmas to escape the brutal weather up here.
    After last year when I left my place it was -20, the airport was a bit warmer, -12 and arriving down south in 60 deg temps! I could wear tee's even just a vest for a coat compared to needing a thick winter jacket we need up north.

    Midwest they are expecting bad winter as well. We haven't seen any white stuff yet, but had an early hard freeze. The wildlife was sure preparing (acorns, berries) and I'm going through a LOT of seed and suet already.

    --Travis

    Comment


      #3
      I heard some places delayed trick or treat.

      I still remember "the blizzard of 78" here & (where else any of you?)

      I hope we here don't have a real bad winter (but yes, they say all over it will be bad)

      I just thought....John will go to North Carolina for months but is to come home every other weekend. I wonder if the plane will be grounded becuz of snow, at times (if it is I hope it is when he is here ;-) ). (This N.C. junk is driving us all crazy. He is to go next 2 weeks then Jan - Aug then home only every other weekend >:(
      Lorraine (lor)

      Comment


        #4
        Hi Folks,

        I talked to one of my friends who lives in NJ this weekend they didn't get a lot of snow but many trees came down from the heavy wet snow. One tree just missed my friends house. I may be taking off for a couple of days to
        work emergency communications with my ham radio friends until they get power back up and running which may take a week or longer. Here's wishing only the bests and May God Bless All of You!

        Sue

        Comment

        Working...
        X