I just had a CP & still feel a little scared or something. I talked to my DD & she told me 'ya know, I've noticed you have more siezures when dad's (my DH) back in town (he travels for work alot). I still have little (maybe mostly SP?) ones though & sometimes a CP. What can anyone tell me about this?
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Having seizures
Collapse
X
-
Hi Lor,
My sz. have increased this fall and my Epi has told me that I have "Seasonal Seizures" which means I have more sz. in the fall and winter than I do in the spring and summer. All of this is do to the change in the weather and
there's less light outside this time of yr. Try being around bright lights and take your temp 3 times a day at the same time and each time after you have a sz. If you notice that your temp. is higher on the days that you have sz.
then you are having seasonal sz. This is what I have been told to do and I saw a great change in my temp. even before I had a sz. my temp would be higher before a sz. even happened. Also keep track of the weather because
sometimes a low pressure can trigger sz. as I'm sure you know. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!
Sue
-
Sue, It's not seasonal seizures because it happens all year. I can say what Lisa says is maybe true. Now that I think of it I/she can tell because it's a thing you can notice. It's not like it's every few evenings (not day when most work then come home). This year it's only been a few times. (I guess I'm lucky when my husband isn't around.) But I know I have SP because I still get that strang 'after feeling' & wanting to talk to someone.
Does anyone know/believe anything?Lorraine (lor)
Comment
-
Only thing that comes to mind is stress might be the trigger. I had stress trigger headaches in the past. When I was not in that environment I wouldn't have headaches.
Have not noticed any odd triggered seizures. Last year is an exception when I had 2 GM's (each after a day involving flying). I can partly blame those on low sodium. Sodium levels were found to be the problem after a whopper of a GM (in a cab) and being admitted to the hospital. All thanks to Trileptal.
--Travis
Comment
-
Thankyou. Maybe when he comes home I think/worry about when he's going to go back & for how long.
(Do you mind if I add a little joke? It would be a joke pertaining to my own post.--- When he comes back I have all his laundry then just more all week; maybe it's doing laundry & I should stop.)Lorraine (lor)
Comment

Comment