Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow! I need some help, advice. support

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Wow! I need some help, advice. support

    Hi Everyone! I just had a week from hell! I spent 4 days in the ICU and two days on the reg nursing floor,

    For a spontaneous pneumothorax. After being sent home from the Er and then 15 mins later

    they called me back, and told me they found something I don’t know how they missed it?

    Luckily this is not where I scheduled my Epilepsy surgery for Jan 25th,

    also now being out one day. I think my right lung has now collapsed as well! I had a Tbi in 2006 and 4 brain surgeries in

    Toledo in the month of Oct, six months later

    I had my first GM. During the second surgery I had respiratory failure twice! I also had a Pneumothorax about 32 years ago and developed asthma from that!

    I'm worried number 1 that I won’t be able to withstand the two surgeries

    Coming up and also if they will do them at all?


    I'm having the surgery at the Cleveland Clinic! I live in Ohio...sometimes!!!!!
    Last edited by tigerchef1969; 11-13-2011, 03:56 PM. Reason: Spelling

    #2
    Tiger, Don't know what to say other than to agree with you about its horribleness and to give you support.


    Linnie

    Comment


      #3
      Thanks Linnie! I do appreciate your honest and short reply! Regards Jeff

      Comment


        #4
        Holy Carp Tc!! You poor thing. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :angel:

        Comment


          #5
          Hi Tigerchef,

          I'm so sorry to hear that you have been going through a hard time. My prayers are with you. Before you go in for your brain surgery make sure that your neurosurgeon puts you on an antibiotic before you go in for surgery. I had to start
          mine 2 days before the surgery. I understand how you feel with the right lung going bad I have a scar on my right lung from pumonenia that I had a few yrs. ago and it was hard to breathe. Just this past week I was in the ER and I got pneunonia
          again and I wasn't doing the greatest but thank goodness that's over with now.

          I'm glad to see you are going to Cleveland they are a great hospital and are very far ahead. You take it easy and keep us posted with how you are doing. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

          Sue

          Comment


            #6
            You've sure have gone through alot, tigerchef. I pray everything works out for you.

            (P.S. I live in Toledo. What hosp. did you go to?)
            Lorraine (lor)

            Comment


              #7
              St V's I was in the Icu there for four weeks and my family had the worst experience ever there! they swear they rather die then to go there, from what I went through!

              I had no choice I was life flighted there!
              Last edited by tigerchef1969; 11-16-2011, 09:00 AM.

              Comment


                #8
                Howdy Tiger!

                Based on past experience with multiple burns, cancer and a slew of other medical problems besides epilepsy; all I can say is:

                That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

                It may sound corney, but that's how I see it!
                Last edited by howdydave; 11-19-2011, 09:32 AM.
                Dave ©¿©¬
                Ego sum quis ego sum quod ut est quicumque ego sum - Popeye
                www.howdydave.com

                Comment


                  #9
                  Yes, I agree. Wow!

                  I can surely empathize with your situation Tiger. I have recently had some medically traumatic experiences myself. Though thankfully none that had to do with the pulmonary system.

                  I always have had seizures when undergoing any type of major surgery. Starting with my appendectomy, and ending with the time I had the subdural electrodes placed for my last VEEG. The doctors have suggested that it is my reaction to being anesthetized, or possibly the trauma of surgery.

                  Very recently I had to spend time in the hospital's intensive care ward for a subdural hematoma, caused by me hitting my head on the pavement during a seizure. They kept me there for several hours watching me to make sure the bleeding was not massing and causing immediate pressure upon my brain. After sever hours, I was transferred to a room where they kept me overnight, waking me every 2 hours to do a neurological test. If I failed, they would know the blood was causing pressure, and I would have been immediately prepped for surgery. During this whole time, I knew exactly what the possible dangers of a subdural hematoma were. They can cause serious brain damage. They can even be fatal. I was also worried that I would have another seizure if they did have to do surgery. Like I said, I have always had seizures when undergoing any type of surgery. I did not like the idea of having a seizure while undergoing emergency surgery to drain a subdural hematoma.

                  Fortunately the bleeding did stop quickly on its own, and was limited. Three CAT scans have confirmed that it has not continued. So far the only lasting repercussions have been some rather severe headaches that lasted about 3 weeks from the date of the incident.

                  Tiger, as for your ordeal with the pneumothorax, and your coming surgery, I certainly wish you the best, my thoughts are with you.

                  I hope you enjoy the holiday ahead,
                  Last edited by Firehorse; 11-21-2011, 12:46 AM. Reason: edited detail
                  Firehorse
                  *fire*rodeo

                  Comment


                    #10
                    lWell, Every one! Thank you Dave short and sweet, but you are right! Everyone else right on the mark too! Guess what though? Just got out of Fire lands Regional Medical Center Today, so actually I have been in a hospital bed since Nov 5th! My goodness! My injury just like the one song from the 80's it’s all coming back to me now!!!! I don’t know once again if I will be strong enough to handle it, but being a very spiritual and God loving Man I am going to turn this over to him and let the pros tell me what they think and go from there!
                    Last edited by tigerchef1969; 11-21-2011, 05:13 PM.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Glad to hear you are out of the hospital!

                      I wish you the best during your recuperation phase.

                      Have a
                      Firehorse
                      *fire*rodeo

                      Comment


                        #12
                        LOL.....What happened to them? Wellllll I guess I shouldn't LOL.
                        Lorraine (lor)

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I think they live in the same house as the Cranberries! and Blind Melon

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X