Hi im new here. Some of you may know me as tos8 on one of the other forums. Ive had epilepsy for almost 3yrs now. I have complex and simple partials, along with, myclonics and tonic clonics sz. Nice to get to know everyone here.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Hi New here.
Collapse
X
-
Hi Pigster,
I also know you as tos8 from the other forum. Welcome to brain talk everyone here has been a big help to me and they are wonderful friends. Start taking vitamin B12 1000 Micrograms a day. This will help
reduce your sz. I know complex partial sz. are a pain and they are hard to control I've had them since I was 12 yrs. old. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!
SueLast edited by Porkette; 11-21-2011, 04:37 PM.
-
Hi Lorraine. Well for the most part my sz. have been very difficult to controle. Im on 4 sz. meds. I was in the ICU 2 weeks ago from a bad status sz, im just now starting to feel human after all i went threw with all that, and thats when we relised how serous they can get. My GM's happen every so often, but like you my simple and complex partials for the most part are not. What have you done to help with your seizures? Once i get past the holidays i think its time i start going threw some testing to see what could possibly be causing them, as no one has ever checked.
Comment
-
Welcome, and I hope you find help and support as I did more than 10 years ago when I originally joined. I am the wife of a man with E, who had brain surgery in 2001 to help. He still takes meds and still has had some sz, although many fewer than before (we consider it a success). He has unfortunately had a couple of status episodes, so I can sympathize from a second-hand point of view about the experience you mention.
I would ask if you are seeing a neuro who specializes in epilepsy, and if not I suggest you find one. If you are, then I'm sure you are discussing with him/her the fact that your meds are not working... I wish you success and a better quality of life.
Rabbit
Comment
-
Hello and welcome. I have/had Simple and Complex Partials. I also had surgery 13 years ago and have not lost consciousness since. It made a huge difference in the quality of my life, and I know it was one of the best things I ever did. If your seizures are not stopped completely, I encourage you to locate a patient oriented Comprehensive Epilepsy Center as there are other effective options and as you know the goal is NO seizures because they get worse if not stopped. Get your PCP to do the referral as your general neuro will not want to do that and talk you out if it. It is your life though and your brain that is affected, not his/hers. Check this site for a Comprehensive Center near you if you are not being seen by an Epileptologist already ( not a general neuro). This site has guidelines a Center must have in order to be included. Glad you found us. Tattoo
Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
Comment

Comment