My best friend in the world has Epilepsy. She is currently on Dilantin, Lamictal, and Vimpat. Even though she is on all of these meds (and I know for a fact she is taking them because she lives with me and I am quite a bit older than she is and tend to mother her and ask constantly and watch to see if she takes them) she is still having seizures.
The seizures are tonic clonic and also absence in nature. Her neurologist is ... ok, I will behave and just say he is not doing his job. She has had 6 tonic clonic seizures in the past 6 days. Two of these were today. These seizures are not short. Sometimes they can last up to 25 minutes in length with her actively seizing 4 or 5 times for a minute or longer. Sometimes she will wake up, talk, say she feels ok, start to get up, and it starts again.
The absence seizures happen quite a few times a day. These happen every single day. She is 20 years old and was diagnosed when she was 17 when she was diagnosed.
We called an ambulance the other night and they did nothing at the hospital besides tell us to get her in with her neuro right away. Right away to them is next Thursday.
We call them everyday about the seizures. They are sending out a paper for bloodwork. That is their solution.
I am calling epileptologists in Pittsburgh starting 1st thing Monday. I have had enough. I hate seeing my best friend in pain. She cries every single day. She wants it to stop but she is refusing to go by ambulance to Pittsburgh but if this continues, I am gonna throw her butt in an ambulance when she is seizing. When she awakens she can refuse treatment and we will start over again. We have small community hospitals and they are not equipped to deal with this.
Please help... I do not know where to turn... I hurt because she is hurting... I love her and I don't want to see her hurt by this anymore. I wish I had a wand to wave that would make her feel better. I know this is going to take time but I hope we find a proactive doctor.
The seizures are tonic clonic and also absence in nature. Her neurologist is ... ok, I will behave and just say he is not doing his job. She has had 6 tonic clonic seizures in the past 6 days. Two of these were today. These seizures are not short. Sometimes they can last up to 25 minutes in length with her actively seizing 4 or 5 times for a minute or longer. Sometimes she will wake up, talk, say she feels ok, start to get up, and it starts again.
The absence seizures happen quite a few times a day. These happen every single day. She is 20 years old and was diagnosed when she was 17 when she was diagnosed.
We called an ambulance the other night and they did nothing at the hospital besides tell us to get her in with her neuro right away. Right away to them is next Thursday.
We call them everyday about the seizures. They are sending out a paper for bloodwork. That is their solution.
I am calling epileptologists in Pittsburgh starting 1st thing Monday. I have had enough. I hate seeing my best friend in pain. She cries every single day. She wants it to stop but she is refusing to go by ambulance to Pittsburgh but if this continues, I am gonna throw her butt in an ambulance when she is seizing. When she awakens she can refuse treatment and we will start over again. We have small community hospitals and they are not equipped to deal with this.
Please help... I do not know where to turn... I hurt because she is hurting... I love her and I don't want to see her hurt by this anymore. I wish I had a wand to wave that would make her feel better. I know this is going to take time but I hope we find a proactive doctor.

Comment