Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Epilepsy Surgery Scheduled for Jan 25th Denied today!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Epilepsy Surgery Scheduled for Jan 25th Denied today!

    Epilepsy Surgery Scheduled for Jan 25th Denied today by Workers Comp Very Upset!
    Last edited by tigerchef1969; 12-20-2011, 04:20 PM.

    #2
    Hi Jeff,

    I'm so sorry to hear that workers comp denied the surgery, did they tell you why they refused the surgery? Don't back down because my husband was on workers comp. and he had to fight them 3 different times before they
    would follow through and do back surgery on him. See if you can get your Dr. to speak with them and tell them that the surgery is needed for your own well being. Also get a lawyer in on this from the Epilepsy Foundation if you want to
    they will back you up. This is discrimination all the way and they have no legal right trying to do this to you. I wish you the best of luck and my prayers are with you. May God Bless You!

    Sue
    Last edited by Porkette; 12-22-2011, 03:43 PM.

    Comment


      #3
      I will pray for you Jeff. I am so sorry. The system stinks. Obviously you need the surgery or your doctor wouldn't have scheduled it.

      Many Blessings and Happy Holidays (or at least try to have happy ones)

      Stacie

      Comment


        #4
        Hi Jeff,
        You have just as a bizzare system as we do in the UK, I've been waiting seems like forever just to get the final bit of lesion removed. I agree with what others have said, go back to the Dr's also the surgeon if at all possible and emphasise the improvement and quality of life this could possibly give to you as an individual. One other thing I would also look into though is read into the legal small print of your workers comp', there may be something in there that stipulates that it will not cover any pre-existing medical condition, I hope this helps. Best of luck because I know where your coming from, I'm on a long waiting list scheduled for the same month, just for the start of tests........

        Comment


          #5
          HI Jeff I am also sorry this is not going smoothly as it should. I was not aware that this was a worker's comp issue. Why did they deny it? They may be trying to say that because the seizures started after the accident that it is a separate case and not necessarily due to the accident. I wonder too if they do not see the surgery as the typical treatment they see for TBI. The docs office staff should be the ones negotiating at any rate. Seems like they'd have a good case as the surgery may allow you to become more productive thereby decreasing the need for WC benefits. They should present that! Also, do you have insurance or another payer source? If so, go through that one, and they can do the negotiating with WC. Insurance co do that when another co is responsible. Try and enjoy your holiday, but do get the other payer source and the doc's office on this to handle it so you do not have to. DO you have a WC case worker? They should be right in there too as they might be.Tattoo

          Comment


            #6
            Thanks Everyone! Yes I will enjoy the Holidays anyway considering my Brother and Family are here from Texas and my mother bless her heart is suffering from fourth stage uterine cancer that spread to her bones! God is still Good however! I thank him everyday for that day I have with my mom and asked him for one more! what else can you do? I have the appeal already filed and hope to hear something by the end of the year, but i'm not holding my breath! The Seizures my Epilepsy started excactly six months to the day after my accident and is an a allowed condition in my claim! I am on medicare, because I am on disabiltiy because of my frequent seizures and my memory loss and well lets just say Brain Damage! Happy Holidays to All and God Bless! Jeff

            Comment


              #7
              Hi Jeff,
              I'm glad to hear that you appealed the case. If the seizures began 6 months after the accident workmans comp can not turn you away by law. My husband has back surgery done in 1989 and yrs. later things still weren't right so he had to
              go back and have a 2nd back surgery done in 2008 or 2009 and workers comp had to cover that. As long as your workers comp case is still open by law they have to do the surgery. Also have your Drs. write letters to workers comp stating that
              if you don't have the surgery your sz. could get worse and more frequent just be sure that you also receive a copy of the paper work. My prayers and blessings are with you and your family. Have a Merry Christmas and May God Bless You!

              Sue

              Comment


                #8
                Jeff that is ridiculous and sad. I am so sorry that you have to go through this. Like adding insult to injury. I am so glad that you have these days with your mother ((((gentle hugs for both)))) and lots of prayers for smooth happy holidays.

                I am wondering if you may be able to get some advice and possibly help from a local disability advocate office. Might be worth a call after the New Year.

                Comment

                Working...
                X