Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good To Be Back

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    weird log in

    I put my name (lor) & the proper password & sometimes it tells me it is wrong & I must try again. But sometimes it does work (like now, I hope). But that only works 5 times then you must wait 15 min to do it again.
    Lorraine (lor)

    Comment


      #17
      Hi Lor,

      I've been having the same problem with my password but today is the first time I haven't had to put it in so hopefully the problems are fixed in regards to peoples passwords. Here's wishing
      You Well and May God Bless You!

      Sue
      Attached Files

      Comment


        #18
        Hi guys

        Lor, Sue,

        i posted to Dave's checkin thread regarding login... i had trouble and wrote to the sysop, who advised i enter just my username, and then login, whereby it sends you to the "big" login page. apparently there were glitches with the topright corner login. dunno if that is fixed.

        The edit option works, yes, but as was stated, i do not see the "DELETE" option we used to have, in the edit form. i guess that is still a work in progress... tweak tweak...

        also, if you are not being kept logged in despite continued activity, i would try using the "remember me" box the next time you log in.

        So Dave, (Howdy, btw!) you are ready to eat? you ready to start another Seizlin' Menu thread LOLOL? ;)

        take care everyone!

        ~ waves ~
        "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

        Comment


          #19
          Hi Waves,

          It's good to see you here it's been awhile since I last heard from you I hope all is going well. As of today Aug. 18th I haven't had any problems logging in now my password went through fine and it's working
          just like it used to before it was upgraded. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

          Sue

          Comment


            #20
            Since where we live in VT is heaven, we don't go anywhere for vacation but it's been a busy summer though. The garden has been doing relatively well, although all of the rain and cool weather right after I planted my tomatoes did a number on them. The beans are just about done and I've been picking cauliflower and red cabbage. Still have my horse, Dylan. He got sick and I had a feeling that it was Lyme disease which, while not great, is still treatable. The vet came out and she didn't think that he looked Lyme-y. She said that the way he was walking (one foot in front of the other like he was on a tightrope) and tilting his head, she thought that he had equine protozoan myleoenchephilitis (EPM). There is no definitive test for it and no cure which would have meant putting him down. As those who are here who have known me for years, I had had to put down my two horses eight years ago and it almost killed me. The thought of losing Dylan was almost too much to bear. But the Lyme test came back positive and he seems to be okay, although he's still walking strangely. He was so sick that it was horrible! Will just have to watch him to see if his balance gets worse and it starts to look like EPM. Other than that and the fact that my daughter decided out of the blue that she hates me, life is pretty good!

            Comment


              #21
              Hi Lindy,
              It's great to see you back. It sure sounds like you have been busy in your garden this summer. I'm sorry to hear about your horse my Aunt and Uncle had race horses yrs. ago and it was fun to go to the races
              but that was yrs. ago. I'm also sorry to hear about your daughter and how she feels but give it time and hopefully she will change her feelings for the better. I'm getting ready to go back to school and work with
              kids in special ed. for another school yr. I work with students in grades 6-8 and they can be a hand full, either way I enjoy working with them and helping them anyway I can. Here's wishing you well and May God
              Bless You!

              Sue

              Comment


                #22
                Still working the ham radio, Sue?

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Lindybuzz View Post
                  Still working the ham radio, Sue?
                  Hi Lindy,

                  Yes, I'm still working with the ham radio I just got off the radio at 4:10 pm I was listening to NOAA Weather a wicked t- storm just came through and now we are under a storm watch and floods until 11 pm tonight (Aug.19th)
                  One thing I did accomplish at work is I got 2 students to get their ham radio license and they had 2 of their friends get their license so starting this fall I want to get a ham radio club going at school. It will save parents money on
                  cell phone bills and the kids can talk to people all over the world and learn about them and their history. Here's wishing you will and May God Bless You!

                  73's which means best regards in ham radio operators talking

                  Sue

                  Comment


                    #24
                    My husband and father were both hams so I know what 73s means. For my father's 60th birthday, my family rented one of the video boards at Times Square. They didn't know what to put on it so they asked me. We put " CQ CQ W1MLM 73s and 88s from the pooklets". Pooklets was what he called his children. He died 2 years later and that board remained one of the highlights of his life! Never got my license but, between Daddy and Vic, I know quite a bit!!

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Hi Lindy,

                      Since you know so much about ham radio why not give it a try and get your radio license. If you get your radio license then we can talk to each other on the radio whenever we please. I have my Tech license
                      and my husband has an advanced license. I think it's wonderful what was put on the video board at Time Square I bet your Dad loved it. Wishing You Well and May God Bless You!

                      73's,
                      Sue

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Howdy Hams!

                        Hope you all have 5 by 5's on this board!

                        For you non-hams, see:
                        Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                        I'm a lowly DXer.
                        Well... I was anyway until I could get most of it over the Internet and got lazy about it.
                        Last edited by howdydave; 08-19-2011, 05:46 PM.
                        Dave ©¿©¬
                        Ego sum quis ego sum quod ut est quicumque ego sum - Popeye
                        www.howdydave.com

                        Comment


                          #27
                          I am here to. Will all the older posts be available? Why the change to this? Is it better in some way I don't know about. Good to see you. Tattoo

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Tattoo2 View Post
                            I am here to. Will all the older posts be available? Why the change to this? Is it better in some way I don't know about. Good to see you. Tattoo
                            Howdy Tatoo!

                            Think of this new board as version 1.0.
                            That means that there are still quite a few bugs in it!
                            Dave ©¿©¬
                            Ego sum quis ego sum quod ut est quicumque ego sum - Popeye
                            www.howdydave.com

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Hi Tattoo,

                              It's great to see you back! I have to agree with Dave and say that there might be some bugs in this version but give it time and hopefully things will be working well again.
                              I hope things are going well with you and I wish you only the best May God Bless You!

                              Sue

                              Comment


                                #30
                                I'm glad to see the same ole' faces/typers again :) Hey you hammers, my FIL used to be a ham radio opperator (he is now 82 y.o.). Even I know his ham name, LOL. He always gets his license plate as the same thing -- W8QKR (how many ppl know their FILs ham number?) He also just got his antenna taken down. Something else funny, my DH asked a guy if he wanted to go to a "ham auction" with him & the guy said "I don't like pork."

                                I feel kinda lonely again but just for 3 days (geez, how can 3 days bother me when I just got over 3 months? and I 'fear' what's ahead). John & Steve went camping for the weekend. They went up to a Mi. campground along with millions of other guys (some F's & kids) to go to MIS & see NASCAR. Steve is a NASCAR nut. He is (or was) a Jeff Gorden fan. (Lisa went to work then will go to her friends for ribs.)
                                Lorraine (lor)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X