Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cut Down

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Cut Down

    Hi Folks,

    I hope all is going well for everyone. Right now I'm ready to explode after a co worker ran me down in the middle of a school hallway in front of students and staff saying: "You've got a shi**ty attitude didn't you take your meds today?"
    The only reason why the co worker said this to me was because I didn't take time to talk with her earlier in the day and that's because I was rushing around getting ready for classes. I don't know how the rest of you would feel but I feel this
    is discrimination and I'm debating on what I should do. I did report this matter to the school principal but I'm wondering if I should get more action going. My co worker has known about my sz. since I began working in the school and I don't feel
    that it's right saying those kinds of words to me in a hallway filled with students and staff.
    How would you handle this if it happened to you and would you want your kids to hear that kind of language? Thanks for you time and support. May God Bless All of You!

    Sue

    #2
    Sue, that was so out of line and this person sure needs to be called on the carpet by the principal, and no even though kids today hear that kind of talk, she should have more class that to show her self as a gutter talking person especially in her work place.. she is supposed to be an example to the children in a positive good way. I can only imagine how she treats a student that might have self esteem issues. Not a positive influnce. I am sorry this happened to you and just hold your head up and not let her tear you down for one moment. (((Hugs))) Ging

    Comment


      #3
      Hi((( Ging,)))
      Thanks for your time and understanding. Take my word I won't let my co worker get the best of me or run me down. My co worker has to work around students that have sz. and other medical problems so I've made the decision
      to speak up for the students as well as myself. I'm tired of others putting people with Epilepsy down and I plan on speaking up at the school where I work so it won't happen again. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

      Sue

      Comment


        #4
        If you can, get the B*TCH FIRED!!!!!!

        She shouldn't be teaching students to treat people that way!!!

        Phyllis

        Comment


          #5
          Hi Phyllis,

          I just sent a letter to my local epilepsy support group and I'm going to see what they think I should day and if needed the lawyer will be coming to the school to have it out with the co worker and administrators. I'm fed
          up the cut downs on students and other staff because of their medical conditions. It's time to stand up and fight for the students and staff that care. Wishing you the best and May God Bless You!

          Sue

          Comment


            #6
            Porkette, I had to read that twice, thinking 'what did that lady say?'. There's usualy kids in a school.
            Lorraine (lor)

            Comment


              #7
              Hi Lor,

              My co worker said the following: "You have a shi**y attitude, didn't you take your meds today?" I work with students in junior high school and I have to change classes each period just like the students do, My co worker said this
              to me in the hallway while changing classes in front of many students and 3-4 other staff that were in the hallway at the time. I've reported this to the school principal and as of Thursday he still hasn't done a darn thing. Here's wishing
              you well and May God Bless You!

              Sue

              Comment


                #8
                Sue, What I meant was I litteraly said that to myself. Like "what in the helI did that lady say? What it the....."
                Lorraine (lor)

                Comment


                  #9
                  I knew what you said hun. I said I read it twice because I couldn't beieve she would ever say that. I said "there are usualy kids in a school" as a joke, we all know there are kids in a school.
                  Lorraine (lor)

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Hi Folks,

                    On Tuesday there will be a meeting with the school principal, union president, and my co worker regarding this matter. I got some legal info. and plan on standing up for myself and everyone else with epilepsy.

                    Lor, I'm sorry I misunderstood you, thanks for explaining what you were trying to tell me. Here's wishing all of you well and May God Bless You!

                    Sue

                    Comment


                      #11
                      ((((((Sue))))))

                      Good for you! I applaud your advocacy!

                      If we don't speak up, we'll never be heard. You Go Sue!!

                      I'm sure that you will have a successful meeting with a satisfying outcome.

                      Fight on!

                      Love & Light,

                      Rose
                      Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Good for you, Sue!!!

                        Best of luck and please, keep us posted!!

                        Phyllis

                        Comment


                          #13
                          HI Folks,

                          Thanks so much for your support and understanding I really appreciate it. Take my word I will stand up for my rights and everyone with physical problems. I have been busy looking into the legal end of things and I have all
                          the legal laws written down that we all have in our place of employment. Sometimes a person will just give up and leave there job after this type of thing happens but I'm not going to I'm standing up for ALL of US no matter what.
                          I will be sure and keep you posted as to what happens. Here's wishing all of you only the best and May God Bless You!

                          Seu

                          Comment


                            #14
                            God luck Sue and thanks for standing up for all of us. I have full faith in you to do a wonderful job. You also may want to see if your school or the school system has a policy regarding Workplace Violence. That includes verbal assault and harsh words as well. Anything that upsets the natural healthy flow or causes discord or fear could be considered violence. That was the case when I had my Grad school experience you may remember. They had a policy re workplace violence but did not uphold it nor knew how to do so. Thanks to my efforts, they now have a protocol they have to follow if any incident occurs again. Your courage may help to prevent what happened to you from ever happening again. Good luck and keep us posted. Tattoo

                            Comment


                              #15
                              You may have this one but the Rehabilitation Act of 1975 is a big one. Tattoo

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X