Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Midazolam anyone?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Midazolam anyone?

    I'm running out of valium & Dr. does not offer anyting. Must prefer to see patients in the hospital.
    I have midazolam for sleep which apparently is used for sz'rs. Has anyone used it for that purpose & if so what mg's of midazolam equals 5 mg's valium?

    Thanks!

    #2
    ((((((curse69))))))

    Here's the drug info on Midazolam:

    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

    I'm familiar with it as Versed. Both of my sons have been given Versed injections prior to procedures, such as scoping procedures, as a temporary anesthesia. It is also used as a rescue drug for status seizures. Valium/Ativan is also used as a status seizure rescue drug. We limit its use to induce sleep, as it loses its efficacy as a rescue drug, if it is used too frequently.

    I suggest that you contact your pharmacist about using it in lieu of valium, about interactions with your other medications, and about appropriate dosage. They are the experts for that kind of information. Caution needs to be taken with these drugs, as they repress the respiratory system.

    Sending you healing energy ~

    Love & Light,

    Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

    Comment


      #3
      Rose-

      Thanks Rose. I had been taking 7.5mg midazolam for sleep. I later found that 10mg of valium equals it. Must be the "over use" that explains why that amount did not fully chill out the activity yesterday. I did notice that after about a hour the "aura" crawled back outta the cage. So it is indeed very temporary.

      Comment


        #4
        As Earth Angel Said, noone here is a doctor. People who have epilepsy do know alot about their condition. Epilepsy meds are different for everyone.Therefore, Consult a neurologist. about medications. Pharmacists, who are extensively trained in meds. ,are also very good sources of info.

        Linnie.
        Last edited by linniec; 06-03-2012, 07:26 AM.

        Comment


          #5
          Linnie is right. Consult a pharmacist about the drugs since they do have the expertise. I will tell you that both Valium and Versed are anxiolytics, used for anxiety, but they are not the same drug at all. Diazepam is the generic/chemical name for Valium and Midazolam is generic /chemical name for Versed. You cannot say that one is equivalent to the other. I do not know why docs prescribe anxiety meds for AEDs. In addition to AEDs is one thing, but instead of is not a good thing.
          They should help in another way, but not seizure control as an AED does. We all are different, but too many docs just love those meds because they have nothing else to offer you. Do you see an Epileptologist at a Comprehensive Epilepsy Center at a major facility or is your doc a general neurologist? I need to get a doc to sign the form allowing the pharm co to send me meds which I will qualify for, but she is totally ignoring me. I really need to find another doc for that. Tattoo

          Comment

          Working...
          X