Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are any of you here from the Boston area???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Are any of you here from the Boston area???

    If so, I'm trying to reach my neurologist, because, I'm really having med. issues and I really
    want to be seen by an Epilepsy specialist. (Can't spell it.) I'm wondering, does anyone know where
    I could find one of those, myself, so, I don't have to deal with my primary care Dr., who, by the way,
    isn't returning my calls!) Can anyone from the Boston area suggest any good ones? Thanks so
    much!!

    Phyllis
    Last edited by Ponygirl; 06-29-2012, 10:38 PM.

    #2
    Google honey, you have the fastest way to get information at your fingertips. Many of us forget even though we use it every day. You need to let Google be your bestest friend even though I hate the spying boogers.

    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

    Comment


      #3
      I know, Chris, but, I was asking at BT, since, I *really* trust everyone here.

      Phyllis

      Comment


        #4
        Oh I thought you already posted this somewhere else too but didn't have any luck. Trick is find some docs in your area on the search and then ask by name. Some docs have patient reviews area. Maybe on FB too.

        Comment


          #5
          Okay, Chris, so, I'm, *lazy*!!...lol That's a pain in in the ***!! lol I just want *1* name*,
          I can get an appt., with!!...Lol

          Phyllis

          P.S. Seriously, I feel like, crap!!

          Comment


            #6
            Phyllis is looking for an Epileptologist!
            Wishing all of you well and May God Bless You!

            Sue

            Comment


              #7
              Yeah! What she, said!!...lmao!!...

              Phyllis

              Comment


                #8
                Phyllis,far as I know (based on my own experience),you cannot get into see any specialist unless you have a referral from your Primary Doctor. and many specialist's won't take new patients or Medicaid.

                as for your doc not returning your calls? unless it's an emergency there's a good chance the doc isn't even aware you called. they tend to take weekends off unless they are on call @ the hospital.

                hope you're not suffering too much & you can get what you need soon.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Well, I'll just have to keep calling and calling! Otherwise, she could be getting a surprise visit!
                  It won't be a real pretty one, either! I don't think, she can stop me from seeing someone else, if,
                  that's what I want?

                  Phyllis

                  Comment


                    #10
                    my dear you need to calm down OK? yes,doctor's CAN fire patients just as YOU have the right to fire any doctor.

                    doctor's know each other. they gossip just like we do. and they write alot in our charts that we are not aware of. whether we smile or not. how we dress. if we're friendly. they are all part of a network Phyllis. and we are at their mercy.

                    plus we gain reputations. just as they do. if your harass one doctor-another one might not want anything to do with you.

                    I hope I'm getting through to you,I DO care ya know. maybe you could write down just how you are feeling? then read it 24 hrs from now?

                    I'm NOT saying your anger is wrong-just trying to get you to see it might backfire & You want relief don't you? you are probably one of many patients afterall.

                    your misery right now might be tied to your meds. last weekend you got your meds mixed up right? you haven't mentioned your issue this weekend except to say you have neuro issues.

                    and perhaps your area has a heat wave going also? that will make any health issues worse.

                    find something that makes you feel better. look at fuzzy critters or whatever makes you smile. nobody wants you to suffer but I do hope you will consider the doctor might have a life,she might not be available,she may be dealing with a crisis. in other words if you've left a message (or a few),please consider being patient & talking to someone after the weekend unless it's an emergency.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Good luck with your upcoming appointment on the 2nd. I hope it is successful and that you make the best of it.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Honey I have too much time. Here are a couple of doctors that fall under that heading in your state. Maybe someone will recognize them. I am sure there are more under the listing but while I got nothin but time I thought this would be a start. ;) sometimes if you go to search the doctor you can see people's personal reviews if there are any. Did I already say that? Somewhere? With my memory who knows. Maybe you will get lucky. I will see what else I can do later.

                        I am not even sure

                        Matthew Anderson, M.D., Ph.D.
                        Harvard Medical School
                        Three Blackfan Cir
                        Center For Life Sciences Rm 709
                        Boston, MA 02115
                        UNITED STATES
                        617.735.3202
                        Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... Carmel Armon, M.D.
                        Baystate Medical Center
                        759 Chestnut St
                        S4648
                        Springfield, MA 01199
                        UNITED STATES
                        413.794.4754
                        Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...


                        Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                        M. Brandon Westover, M.D., Ph.D.
                        Massachusetts General Hospital
                        55 Fruit St
                        WACC Ste 827
                        Boston, MA 02114
                        UNITED STATES
                        617.726.2000
                        Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...


                        Andrew N. Wilner, M.D., FAAN, FACP
                        Medscape.com
                        111 Durfee St
                        PO Box 831
                        Fall River, MA 02722-0831
                        UNITED STATES
                        860.576.9424
                        Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                        Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
                        Here is a link with a couple too.

                        Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
                        Last edited by houghchrst; 07-01-2012, 02:11 PM.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          You could call your hospital and ask. Most hospitals do have a doctor referral service. But I think, not 100% sure, that you want to see a neurologist for your epilepsy. Good Luck.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X