Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New book - fictional

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    New book - fictional

    I buy fiction in stacks - I love reading.
    Currently I am reading a very small paperback, "tinkers", by Paul Harding.
    It's a story of a man with epilepsy in 1929. So far it's been great. I wonder how it will end.,,,,,,,,,,,
    I wonder if anyone else has a book that includes epilepsy?

    #2
    Sounds interesting, but in 1929, he couldn't have been treated too well. The one written by Neil Young who himself has Epilepsy is called Shakey. I have that. Also The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down is about a child with epilepsy who gets caught between her family's beliefs and the medical profession who held on to her rather than transfer care to those trained in Neuro. I had to read that for my BS degree and write a paper on it. Hard to keep my experience and feeling out and remain objective. Was a good book and very true too. Definitely a book that inspires one to get involved and educate. Tattoo

    Comment


      #3
      These books sound interesting.
      Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
      My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

      Comment


        #4
        Tattoo I have that book. My sister borrowed it to me. I set it aside to read medical reference texts back in the winter when I started on it. Need to put that in the stack of books in my read pile again that are numbering 5 right now. :>

        Didn't know Neil wrote a book. I'll have to get that.

        --Travis

        Comment

        Working...
        X