as most of u know i had a parital resection don on the 15th of may electrodes and grid on may 2nd i went to a nursing home lost 100percent of my perhphal vision in my left eye and about 10% in my right i am unable to tell time tie my shoes or go to the bathroom by myself i did the surgery to wwork again and drive again guess what not going to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! 8 weeks later im still here unable to walk my left hand is not preogressing very well in therapy and i have had 4 very big seizes in the last 3 days my neuro made this to be a bowl of cherrys well and was so confident in the surgery i detest this person for what he did to me nuff said anyone second guessing surgery or your seurgeons ability dont do it!!!!!!!
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Epilepsly surgery wrecked my life way worse off then before
Collapse
X
-
Hi (((Jeff))),
I'm so sorry to hear that things didn't turn out well for you but it may take time. When I had the depth electrode surgery I found out that the neurosurgeon caused more scar tissue on my brain and this in turned caused more sz. Just like you
my eyesight was really bad but after 3-4 months it got better and I just had to get stronger lens for my glasses that I was already wearing. It was hard for me to get around and I had many of the same symptons that you are having now I later
found out after seeing a different neurosurgeon and Epileptologist that a lot of these problems happened because my brain was swollen from the surgery, but the neurosurgeon still caused more brain damage and now he's out the door. My prayers
are with you and I hope and pray that everything will go back to normal for you just give it some time. Is there any chance that some of the med you are taking since surgery can be causing any of these problems.? I wish you only the best and May
God Bless You!
Sue
-
Thanks sue but when my seurgeun tells me the area of the brain he is cutting out holds that part of my visision i have to concede esp after dr after dr tells me its not going to come back i gues thats good cause i dont wont to be let down again by these idiots i might as well just tell people what they say and see what the good lord has in store he is the only one i have true faith in anymore besides my familyOriginally posted by tigerchef1969 View Postas most of u know i had a parital resection don on the 15th of may electrodes and grid on may 2nd i went to a nursing home lost 100percent of my perhphal vision in my left eye and about 10% in my right i am unable to tell time tie my shoes or go to the bathroom by myself i did the surgery to wwork again and drive again guess what not going to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! 8 weeks later im still here unable to walk my left hand is not preogressing very well in therapy and i have had 4 very big seizes in the last 3 days my neuro made this to be a bowl of cherrys well and was so confident in the surgery i detest this person for what he did to me nuff said anyone second guessing surgery or your seurgeons ability dont do it!!!!!!!
Comment
-
Hi (((Jeff)))
If your surgeon knew that the area he/she was going to do surgery on was going to effect your sight did he/she tell you what the percentage of losing your sight was before surgery? My neurosurgeon told me what my chances were for
both being paralzed and losing my sight.
I have to be honest with you it bothers me a little that the Dr. wanted to do surgery in that area knowing what could happen, I know I spoke up to my neurosurgeon when he messed things up for me and this may be what you might
have to do to get the facts from your Dr. as to why they would do surgery in this area unless there was on other choice. My prayers are with you and I know it's hard to understand but God has a plan for all of us and I know God will help
you and see your through these hard times. May God Bless You & Be with You Each and Everyday. I wish you only the Best.
Sue
Comment

Comment