Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seizure Assistance Animal

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Seizure Assistance Animal

    I have a seizure assistance dog named "Aimus" ("aim us" in the right direction) and the public becomes aware of my condition real fast with his appearance in my life. They ask question's about me and convey their experiences with having epilepsy in their life. Their comment's and question's reference to talking about self, family and friend's. I have chosen it to become my responsibility in removing whatever "epilepsy stigma" from my life by open and honest conversation about my condition. My honesty has helped not to stress (as in the past) about the fact that seizure's are not completely controlled in my life and could occur any second. The use of clear identification of my person (bracelet, ID wallet card, and zipdrive on keychain) help's in case of emergencies. The recent addition of the drug lyrica has slowed down the appearance of breakthrough tonic-clonic seizure. It has taken a year on the medication to stabilize and see improvement's in my health. This med has been a wonder for in that my seizure's have been occurring bi-monthly for quite some years. It start's with me to stop the "secret" or "stigma" of my epilepsy-medical-condition. Hey, "it is what it is" it's epilepsy

    #2
    I'm happy you and Aimus have each other..............I made a mistake at 1st & wrote "Ainus" LOL
    Lorraine (lor)

    Comment


      #3
      Hi zep,

      I'm happy to hear that you are being open to others about your epilepsy, I personally feel that epilepsy has been a "hush hush" matter for many yrs. and it's time for the world to wake up and realize
      we are just as good as anyone else. A few of my friends and I are working on getting on the tv show Dateline to let the world know what it's like to live a everyday life with epilepsy. I think it's great that
      you and your dog are doing well, I found out that the way a dog can sense a sz. is by a chemical our body gives off that we can't smell to me this is great. I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

      Sue

      Comment


        #4
        i am happy that you have the assistance dog. my daughter has had good success with lyrica herself. five years ago she was having seizures frequently, no matter the drug she was on. after a very bad one where she fell and burst her head open, followed by a lengthy stay at hospital, she left before they did more tests on her head because she had no insurance. lucky tho that the lyrica has worked and she has been seizure free this last five years. good luck zep.

        Comment

        Working...
        X