Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abdominal seizures

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Abdominal seizures

    Hi, does anyone here have abdominal seizures? My son is 24 with severe cerebral palsy, medically complex, epilepsy (nocturnal seizures mostly involving jerky movements of arms - he's on tegretol and valproic acid).
    Lately he's been having (almost every day) 4 or so hour periods where he is nauseated, extremely pale, low body temp (95.6), urine retention and very drowsy. It's ruining his life - could this be seizure activity?
    Thanks!
    Donna
    Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
    Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com


    #2
    Donna kind of sounds like gastritis but with all of his issues I have no clue but I hope you find out real quick.

    Comment


      #3
      Thank you for your reply! It's been going on all Sept and Oct and now getting almost every day for about a four hour period each day. The rest of the day he seems OK. I was thinking it was pseudo obstruction (very bad motility of gut so much so that it almost stands still) but now with lowered body temp, I'm starting to suggest neurology. We are waiting to see a gastro but now I think we should see a neuro too. I googled abdominal epilepsy and it could be that. Who knows? But my boy is so not himself and I'm worried. :(
      Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
      Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com

      Comment


        #4
        Tegretal's effect on the Digestive System: Nausea, vomiting, gastric distress and abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, anorexia, and dryness of the mouth and pharynx, including glossitis and stomatitis.

        I got this from the prescribing info. and also from
        Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...


        Linnie

        Comment

        Working...
        X