Hello everyone, I wanted to say thanks for all your prayers and thoughts I had an appointment with a new neuro yesterday for a second opinion on all that's going on with me. Something very strange happened though when he was checking my vision, he noticed and kind of snapped his fingers and said my name I said yes is there a problem? He said you were just having a seizure I was very taken aback by this cause these are not my regular focal partials! Furthermore, it happened one more time as well. I, equally important, received some not so excellent news because of all the meds my kidneys are showing signs that they are failing. Hope everyone here is great and talk to everyone soon Regards Jeff.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
How is everyone?
Collapse
X
-
Hi Jeff,
I had sz. after I had brain surgery and my Dr. told me it was do to the nerves healing. I hope and pray that this is what's going on with you. As far as your kidneys have you asked your Dr. if it's do to your sz. meds that's causing
the problem. I've had kidney stones and kidney infection in the past and my Dr. changed my AED's and I drank a lot of fluids and within time I was fine. I know it's hard but try to keep a positive thought and remember I will be praying
for you. If you want me to I will come and visit you. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!
Sue
Comment
-
(((((Jeff))))))
I'm so sorry to hear that you are having seizures. I don't know anything about brain surgery, so I just pray that all that you're enduring is part of the healing process, of the brain reprogramming itself.
Have you been referred to a kidney specialist or advised on treatment for your kidneys?
Sending you lots of healing energy and saying prayers for your complete recovery ~
Love & Light,
Rose
Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.
Comment
-
Hey Jeff,
So good to have you back wth us here and to hear from you. What exactly did that doc see? I am not sure he could actually see a seizure since they are the result of misfiring brain cells (neurons), and he has not got that kind of access via the eyes. He/She can see Nystagmus which is the rapid back and forth movement of the eyes. I have had that and was not aware of it, but it is supposed to be related to medication side effects, toxicity etc. What exactly did he see and did you feel anything? Was this an epileptologist or a general neuro?
After surgery I would expect there to be different ways of experiencing seizure activity even if tiny due the removal of the focus that was causing the ones you have before surgery provided they did that. The change in pathways that results from surgery should cause such a change. Lots of changes take place after surgery and it takes time. If you have changed your meds since surgery, that is another big change for your body to adjust to. Tattoo
Comment

Comment