Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brain Games

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Brain Games

    Hi Folks,

    Would you like to give yourself a test to see how your brain is working when it comes to memory, attention, listening etc. I saw a very interesting show last night called Brain Games on the National Geographic channel. If you would
    like to try it go to this page Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

    Here's wishing you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

    Sue
    Last edited by Porkette; 10-10-2011, 11:27 AM.

    #2
    Neat Sue. That made me think of a couple things:
    Near here there is a Marco's Pizza place. On the one brick wall outside they painted 3 pizza boxes (standing not flat, they look like they are sliding out (like books half out of the cabinate would look). Of course they are painted with crooked lines (like, what looks like a side of the box is straight, really isn't).

    Also there is a science museum in town with what we call "the crooked room". You walk in & though everything looks straight, you start to fall. Accualy, the floor is crooked but the walls & stuff are painted to appear straight.
    Lorraine (lor)

    Comment


      #3
      Hi Lor,

      I'm glad you enjoyed the web page. I know last night when I watched the show for 3 hrs. I was amazed at how my brain tricked me and I didn't see changes that were happening even after watching the changes
      two times. What got me the most is remembering names that really confused me. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

      Sue

      Comment


        #4
        I love this show! I only saw the first one (was too tired to watch the other 2 but I have them dvr'd ) and was hooked from the start :)
        Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
        Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
        Question: What's wrong with my account?

        Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

        It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

        Step 1 - log in
        Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
        Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
        Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
        Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

        Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

        Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

        Comment


          #5
          Brain Games

          Hi Sue,
          That's a cool website. It has some very informative videos on it. Some of those things that make you go hummmmm ....... I haven't posted in a while, but I still check in occassionally. I see most of the old crew is still around.
          Gene

          Comment


            #6
            Thanks Sue for talking about this. I now have it DVR'd and I can not wait to watch all of the episodes. Thanks again!!!!

            Comment


              #7
              Hi Folks,

              I just found out that Brain Games will be on tv on the National Geographic channel Oct. 13th from 8 pm - 12 Am if you get a chance watch the show.
              I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

              Sue

              Comment

              Working...
              X