Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a link between seizures and migraine after traumatic brain injury in sold

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Looking for a link between seizures and migraine after traumatic brain injury in sold

    http://medicalxpress.com/news/2011-10-link-seizures-migraine-traumatic-brain.html

    #2
    This old woman hardly qualifies as a soldier or even having a traumatic brain injury BUT I never had a headache in my life until I started having those wretched complex partial seizures. (I was 46 and called them "spells"). Then the migraines hit - Both seizures and migraines were caused by a tumor - oligodendroglioma in left temporal lobe, exactly where the migraines were. Since surgery to remove tumor migraines are fewer and much less intense.

    Comment


      #3
      I started having wicked migraine headaches when I was 9 or 10 yrs. old then the sz. absence sz. started started by that age of 12 I started having complex partial sz. also. There was no traumatic brain injury. My neuro found scar tissue on the RTL from to many brain
      cells that never went away and this is what started the epilepsy. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

      Sue

      Comment


        #4
        Sue - (off topic) What do you take for a migraine?
        Years ago I started out with Imitrex which was no help at all. As each new triptan was introduced I tried it and each one was better. Now I take Relpax and it's very good.

        Comment


          #5
          Hi Jingle,

          I have found taking Aleve on of the best things for migraine headaches another thing I do is put a cold wash cloth on my face and neck a few times a day and by doing this it calms the neurons down in my brain and the
          migraine headaches are gone. I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

          Sue

          Comment

          Working...
          X