Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT January Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Hi Lorraine, it is good to see you and know you are at least reading about us. Please post when you can. I hope you are doing well.
    Virginia

    Comment


      #77
      Chit Chat

      Hi Gary, It doesn't bother me as I usually also post on a personal thread if I need to have a longer conversation about issues that affect me. Right now I am going for the infusions which include pre-meds of liquid benedryl and solumedrol then the 4-6 hour infusion of IVIG. I sleep thru out the procedure. The neuro increased the strength from 350mg to 500 mg which means I am getting almost as much in 3 days as I got in 5 days when I started way back in June.

      Boy what a roller coaster ride but if it helps me it will be worth it. It also sends my blood sugars up into the 450 range which I have to try with a DIY scale to bring down without bringing it too far down that I go into a hypoglycemic crash. The high sugars give me a terrible headache which I also take 3 hydrocodone 5/500 caplets for twice a day.

      Well, I'll see how I feel in a week or two.....

      Gabriella:angel:
      Last edited by Gabriella7; 01-25-2012, 09:38 PM.
      Progressive/Relapsing MS, Myasthenia Gravis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
      Advocate for ADA, Artist's Community for Change, ADAPT, Universal Living in Place, HopeKeepers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine

      "Life is mostly froth and bubble, two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own"........Adam Lindsay Gordon

      Comment


        #78
        Gabriella, that is a lot of acetaminophen have you talked to your Dr. about something without acetaminophen in it? For me the MS chronic pain is pretty bad and all the IVSM caused diabetes so one of the things they are always worried about is drug effects on my liver and kidneys. Are you on insulin already? If not something should be done about your BS levels. All my opinions of course.

        Speaking of high blood sugars, I made something last night we called Essigtorte as a kid (vinegar pie) In the south they called it chess pie. Meaning when kids asked what it was they said its jest pie. Or Chust Pie. It is a custard type pie mostly sugar. Yummy but I can only eat a tiny piece well at least I am supposed to only eat a tiny piece.

        Its been raining and yesterday it was almost 55 deg. Hard to believe its the dead of winter when folks are running around in short sleeves.

        Nothing new to report otherwise.

        Be careful out there among 'em.

        Comment


          #79
          :) Hi everyone. David's ultra sound they pushed so hard his side hurts. He needs to take something to relieve the pain but does not want to take anything that is detoxed in the liver. Gary or Cherie do you know what OTC med he could use?

          The VA may change his ablation to chemoembolization. We have not heard the final decision yet. That is a little less invasive as they thread a catheter from the groin to block the blood supply to the tumors.

          The fellow Bill who helps Mother has been sick for 3 days and she has had a lady from the church help some. I'm praying he gets well soon as it would be hard for me to go up there right now.


          Also I still have not received the DMV notice and I have done nothing on taxes. I feel kind of overwhelmed right now. I appreciate you all being here and thank you for the prayers. Jeanie :)

          Comment


            #80
            Jeanie it is my understanding that acetaminophen (Tylenol) is primarily metabolized in the liver. And ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) is primarily metabolized in the kidneys. But it will also go through the liver. There is also Aleve (Naproxen) but it comes with a bunch of different warnings. Because of the warnings I do not take Aleve.

            Hope this helps.

            Comment


              #81
              Jeanie & Gary,

              This site, Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register..., says to be very careful w Tylenol/acetaminophen and especially do not take w alcohol. Read, "Caring for Your Liver" and scroll down to #2.

              ANN
              Last edited by stillstANNding; 01-26-2012, 04:23 PM.
              There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

              Comment


                #82
                I probably should know this already but is there anything for Fatigue? I am exhausted since Tuesday, I know a flare is starting...fatigue, bad dreams, tremors....Is there something that will help with the fatigue that I can take...it's the worst symptom to deal with for me. At this tiime anyway. Thanks everyone....
                Lorraine:)

                Comment


                  #83
                  Lorraine, I am sorry to hear you are feeling bad. I am having the same problem, including the bad dreams and tremors. I don't know anything to do. I have been in a flare for a few weeks (as confirmed by othamologist) and do not know anything to do about it. I would like to take something for the fatigue, but
                  everything causes the tremors to be worse for me. The weather is warm outside - in the 60s. I have it at a little over 72 in the house. Still I am wearing a
                  sweater, socks, jeans and I am still have chills.

                  I hope you come out of yours and do not go into a full scale exacerbation.
                  Virginia

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Lorraine & Virginia,

                    They all seem to be CNS stimulants and I can't take them. I get by on 2 -3 cups of coffee in the morning. Just get by.

                    ANN
                    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                    Comment


                      #85
                      Thanks Virginia and Ann. I appreciate it. I'm so sorry you are dealing with this too Virginia. Coffee won't do it for me because it will make my tremors worse! It's almost as if you have to trade one thing for another! Oh well...thanks again for your help.
                      Lorraine:)

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Prayers for Jeannie & David. Hope things get back on track for ur Mom too.
                        Prayers for Cherie & David. Hugs to all.

                        Lorraine, hope you get to feeling better soon.

                        Gary, stay outta the pie! LOL
                        "No man is an island entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main"....
                        John Donne

                        Comment


                          #87
                          An upsurge of fatigue generally means I'm cooking a UTI (seems to be the only major symptom for me other than maybe an increase in spasticity). Pushing the water intake helps some.

                          Comment


                            #88
                            I have nothing useful to say. Could the fatigue be a result of the bad dreams and tremors? I'm sure they could not be helping it.

                            Comment


                              #89
                              :) Hi everyone. We still do not know which treatment David will have on Tuesday. I am ok with either but think the chemoembolization is less invasive and probably just as good as the ablation. I think they could also do both if the 1st does not kill the tumors. 5 showed up in the last MRI of the liver.

                              I did not need one more stress. Florida passed a law and now only pain doctors can prescribe the Fentanyl patch and Dilaudid my Mother takes. She went to the pain doctor and got the RX's. However Bill's car cut out twice on the way home. He cannot get the mechanic to fix it until Monday and he still has a fever. etc. and feels bad. Hopefully Monday he can go to both pharmacies and get them. Mother's church friend who helps her when Bill can't walks to her house as she has no car.

                              David yo-yoing between anger, bargaining, etc. the stages of acceptance. I hope once he has the treatment he will be told the tumors are killed. His sister insists she knows best and prefers the ablation. I prefer the chemoembolization but thinik the doctors can best decide.

                              I read about the tiredness. I have that all the time. I have Provigil I can take but 30 200 mg tablets runs almost $500. I cut them in quarters and get 4 months worth that way but it is still over $100. a month. Also I dissolve sub lingual (under tongue) B12 tablets daily. Still a lot of days I accomplish nothing.

                              Thanks for being here for me and for the prayers. Jeanie :)

                              Comment


                                #90
                                Jeanie - I pray all gets straightened out w your mom and her meds and the car. Also, that David gets the best treatment for his situation. I've got you in my prayers.

                                ANN
                                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X