Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MS hug?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    MS hug?

    I am not sure what the MS hug is I am wondering if this new experience could be what it is? Late in the day and when going to sleep my neck to lower back tense up and are really sore it lasts a few hours, I did think it could be the end of a long day, but I thought I would ask and if so what to do for relief?
    Thanks I know someone will have some advice.
    Jan
    "never let it be too late"

    #2
    Jan, I think that sounds more like spasms and there is good, cheap medication for that: baclofen (Lioresal) and others.

    MS Hug for me is like a 5 inch width of a too tight wet suit is around my ribs just under my breast and I can't get my fingers under it to breathe because..it isn't there!

    A phone call to get an RX should help for you.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

    Comment


      #3
      Double postteddd.:)
      ANN
      Last edited by stillstANNding; 03-30-2012, 10:52 AM.
      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

      Comment


        #4
        Ann is right on, but she hiccupped..
        Love, Sally


        "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






        Comment


          #5
          I presently have a baclofen pump for my legs I would not want to take more for this the pills made me very sleepy. Thanks for your input.
          Jan
          "never let it be too late"

          Comment


            #6
            Jan,
            It does sound more like spasms or tense muscles to me too. I sometimes experience the MS hug just as Ann describes.
            I can understand you not wanting to take more medications. On the other hand, a medication to relieve spasms, that makes you sleepy when you want to sleep, doesn't sound like such a bad thing, as long as that sleepiness doesn't last all day too.
            Cold makes my muscles spasm. Warmth relaxes my muscles enough to help me go to sleep. I use one of those herbal wrap things that you heat up in the microwave and lay it on my chest and shoulders every night when I go to bed. Sometimes I reheat it if need be. Might be worth a try.

            Comment


              #7
              MS Hug

              The MS hug is like an ace bandage wrapped around the rib cage right under the breasts and wrapped so tight that you cannot get a deep breath. What you are describing sounds more like tense muscle spasms for which a muscle relaxer should work.

              I have not found anything that will work for the MS hug. If anyone knows something that will work I would appreciate knowing what it is. The hug sometimes lasts for hours and can be painful as well.

              Gabriella
              Last edited by Gabriella7; 03-31-2012, 08:43 PM.
              Progressive/Relapsing MS, Myasthenia Gravis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
              Advocate for ADA, Artist's Community for Change, ADAPT, Universal Living in Place, HopeKeepers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine

              "Life is mostly froth and bubble, two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own"........Adam Lindsay Gordon

              Comment

              Working...
              X