Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fast Food Proven To Cause Depression?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Fast Food Proven To Cause Depression?

    The study sample involved 8,964 participants, all of whom have never been diagnosed with depression and have never taken any medication for depression.

    After a six month assessment, 493 became diagnosed with depression or began taking antidepressant medications — which have previously been shown to actually Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register....

    The current results support what the SUN project, a lifestyle tracking program, have found in 2011 where a 42 percent increase in depression risk was found with those consuming fast food.

    Additionally, the increase in depression risk was just as high with the consumption of baked goods and junk food.

    Read more: Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...


    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
    __________________
    Love, Sally


    "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost







    #2
    Bummer! well I take St. John's Wort (on my own) in case I might get depressed so - so I'm gonna just keep eating those baked goods or I'll really get depressed <smile>

    Abby
    Stand for something or you will fall for anything

    Comment


      #3
      So how much junk can you eat before you turn a hard right on bummer lane...
      Percentage of overall food consumed or amount relative to necessary body weight maintenance?

      I'm messing w/you.
      Too much public television and steroids contributes to an inquiring mind.

      I believe it. Overboard trough bargain feeding and give me a ceasar salad,
      7 grain baguette and a proper piece of salmon.

      My dental hygienist measures her semi sweet chocolate chips by a tablespoon.
      I bought a shot glass and pour a 3/4 shot.
      Two vices at once :>)

      What a chick thing to do.

      Where is HOWIE?
      Last edited by renee; 04-05-2012, 08:10 PM.

      Comment


        #4
        I can'y get out to get my favorite Fast Foods anymore, so I am eating healthier by force.

        Do not take away my choc chip cookies or I will KEEL you and feed you to the eaglets.
        Love, Sally


        "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






        Comment


          #5
          Hmmmmm, we know what not to do to Sally! We'll just keep feeding her those chocolate chip cookies and keep her happy.

          Don't know where Howie is. Hope he is alright. It could be that it is just too much for him to try and get on with his computer problems.

          I have one small piece of Dove dark chocolate with almonds after my Yogurt lunch. I use to think I was being nice to myself by eating just
          Yogurt for lunch, but have any of you looked at the sugar that is in that stuff?
          Virginia

          Comment


            #6
            I always wonder why they do these studies? to fill in the 24/7 news cycles? doubt many people that eat @ fast food joints are gonna stop because they might get depressed. and they will just ignore the weight they put on & the way their gut feels after eating a cheeseburger & fries.

            light yogurt has fewer calories but that's because it has aspartame.

            back to the topic:the sad thing is that many kid's live on fast food.

            Comment


              #7
              If you stay away from yogurt with fruit added, you're better off. You can add your own fruit if you want.

              Virginia, when you say

              It could be that it is just too much for him to try and get on with his computer problems.
              I think you've got it right.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                #8
                Thanks for asking about me. Not feeling too hot lately. I get an MRI on Monday, then see a Neuro on Wednesday.

                13 years into this, so I've done pretty well.

                I hope everyone is doing well!


                .
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                Albert Einstein

                Comment


                  #9
                  Would you look at what the Easter bunny must have dragged in! Howie has a reputation for being a good egg....
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    question: is Howie..... Howdy Dave?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Well that is depressing in itself lol. I am not the least surprised and would like to know how much garbage is in the food we get off of the store shelves. I wouldn't be surprised if all of the prepared food that is consumed on a daily basis contributes to the rise in problems with mental and physical health and birth defects in children. Don't really want to think about that too much though lol, kinda scary.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Buttons2 View Post
                        question: is Howie..... Howdy Dave?
                        Buttons2, no, Howie has been on this MS board for quite a while. I'm pretty sure he was here when I joined in 2001.

                        It looks as if howdydave is a regular on the Epilepsy board.
                        Last edited by agate; 04-07-2012, 01:12 PM.
                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I came over on the Mayflower, and have been coming to this forum ever since.


                          .
                          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                          Albert Einstein

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I came later to New Amsterdam after you Mayflower people did all the heavy work.

                            My peeps spoke dutch, drank Grolsch moved to Sleepy Hollow to roost/rest.

                            We invented internet, texting and Braintalk because we didn't speak
                            well on a bender.
                            Texting and shooting at the same time was our forte..
                            10 X great Uncle "Sniper Jake" got his house burned down by the brits
                            for his multi tasking abilities.

                            Howie, get your self taken care of.
                            People need to know we can live 410 years with MS and still have a good time.

                            And your cats need you, too.

                            -renee

                            of great age and wisdom.
                            Sometimes.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Here's how you live a long life. I have one of those big beers, smoke, and laugh. Only on Saturday evening, and only on Saturdays. Look how clear my lungs are....cough, cough, cough!!!


                              .
                              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                              Albert Einstein

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X