Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sigh....I'm back.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Sigh....I'm back.

    Well..... I almost thought I wouldn't have to return here as its been almost 2 years with no symptoms. I have an MRI scheduled in May that was my hope that my neuro would give me the word that my transverse myelitis in 2008 was most likely a one time deal ( he has said this but is still following me) and I don't need to follow up with him anymore.
    That is until 4 days ago when I started feeling like my skin on my stomach area was sunburned. It is so sensitive and literally feels sunburned. It has gotten a little worse each day. This is different from the 'hug' during my attack in 2008. Has anyone experienced this before.
    I guess the MRI will tell its tale in May. It is a full brain, thoracic and cervical spine MRI.

    Thanks
    Ann-Marie
    AM

    #2
    Sounds like shingles is a possibility. I'd rather that than MS, myself. Hope you get good news in May and the sunburn feeling simply fades away.

    Comment


      #3
      Welcome back, Ann-Marie!

      I'm sorry you've been having problems.

      I haven't had the feeling like sunburn that you describe, but I do know that it's always best to take a good hard look at anything other than MS that might be causing you to have a symptom. Quite often there IS something else going on--something treatable.

      Give a close look at the area of your skin where you're having these sensations. Is it unusual in any way? A bit redder or paler than it should be, maybe? A very slight rash? You'll want to mention anything you can actually see to the doctor.

      Also mention anything you're taking--prescriptions, over-the-counter remedies, supplements.

      I'm not saying this isn't MS. MS can cause lots of strange skin sensations. But look at other possibilities first.

      And good luck with the MRI.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #4
        Hi Ann- Marie,

        Welcome back.

        Sunburn like parasthesias are classic in MS. It is hard to do anything for a sunburn that isn't really there. I've tried several medications the many times I have had this. Neurontin worked but I couldn't think or calculate on it.

        And, it does feel nearly the same as an approaching shingles attack as I have had that, too. Leading up to it I was sure it was the sunburn paresthesia. Wasn't.

        Best to you,
        ANN
        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

        Comment


          #5
          Welcome home, darling..(((((Ann Marie)))))
          Love, Sally


          "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






          Comment


            #6
            Welcome back Ann Marie. I know that shingles can be bad (for awhile anyway). However, if that is a possibility I would hope for that and not the MS. If it
            follows a nerve and usually covers half of one side of the area you are talking about then it really could be shingles.

            Good luck with the MRI
            Virginia

            Comment


              #7
              Paresthesias has started in both feet, just like 3 years ago with my first attack. At this point I would much rather shingles but I can feel where this is going. I have a GP appt tommorrow. He will probably send a note along to my neuro so that he has some foresight when I have my MRI. For now I can live with these sensation symptoms And be greatful I've had no debilitating ones.

              Thanks all.

              Ann-Marie
              AM

              Comment

              Working...
              X