Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT May Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    OT May Chit Chat

    ,, I have decided with each Chit chat thread, I will start it with a bouquet of flowers,,

    I know this is early,

    Hows it going ?,, its going here,, we been dealing with insurance hassels,, they said,, we have to pay the whole amount,:since according to their records, we have another insurance company,,,,like this isn't going to happen,,hopefuilly this is taken care of,, medical, has been met, so all the other bills are voided,,time will tell..

    Has anyone seen "War Horse"?,, I hear its pretty good,,

    Cheri.. we almost got her, she was the last female springer left in the litter,, I told her we would come get her Sunday, she is adorable,,but, in the mean time someone else showed up, and bought her,,"sigh",, I named her Oreo, she is black and white, like a oreo cookie,, there is more out there,,

    later then,,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

    Peg

    #2
    Thanks Peg for starting the new thread and thanks for the Spring flowers. Hope you are feeling better.

    Sally, I guess your DD and family would be back in town by now so maybe you are feeling a bit more confident. Sometime I get that way and then I remind myself that I cannot afford to because I do not have any children. My brother called this morning, but just to tell me what is going on with his children and I might not hear from him again for a couple of weeks. He is very busy with wife, children and work, and I have to remind myself of that. His children are grown. Youngest one starts to college this year, but it doesn't seem to matter, he is still so involved in their lives. All three of them. He is real busy helping his oldest (26 years) in his business, and it seems his 22 year old daughter who has graduated from college calls on him as much as ever. The youngest one who is starting college this year got "The Arnold Palmer Golf Scholarship" to Wake Forest University. My brother and his wife are always traveling to his golf tournaments. That has been going on since he was about 8 years old. Last week they were down near Augusta, Georgia where he played in The Junior Invitational. The top 54 kids in the world were invited to play. President Bush spoke the first night at dinner. My nephew came in 6th place. I enjoy hearing what the kids are up to, but wish I could be more a part of things.

    At certain tournaments when they are interviewed by the press I get to see the tape of it on the internet. My brother will let me know about it. At this one my nephew was one who was interviewed by Golf Weekly and I watched that. It is interesting to see them grow up.

    Nuthatch, when I read what you told Gary about Apple Cider Vinegar and hearburn, I was almost about to send him that same post. I have not had to try it myself, but have heard that it does work. Gary, if it would work for you it would be a simple and wonderful solution to that particular problem. Then if some of the people on here could only solve some of your other problems you would be in fne shape.

    I guess Cherie is off on her cruise this week. I wish I felt like doing something like that, but at this point I really don't have the desire.

    Rene, did you get your paint job done and your tile put down? If so do you like it?

    Well, I have new little baby birds. I had a wreath on my front door for decoration and a bird built a nest in it and layed her eggs. They have hatched. I had the wreath hanging on the glass door outside my big door. When I realized she had built the nest I moved it over to a light fixture so that the door would not disturb them. I have long windows that go beside my doors and I can see them from one of them. I am still using my back door because the Mother would fly off every time I went on the front porch. I have to go out to water some plants about every other day and if anyone comes she flys off, but she comes back. She is feeding them now. I have not been able to count and see how many there are. There were five eggs and I am hoping they all hatched and will live. The Daddy comes around quite a bit. The day some of them hatched he came a lot and even got in the nest with the Mother and the babies.

    Hope everyone has a good month.
    Virginia

    Comment


      #3
      Good time to catch the thread. When they grow so long it baffles my brain. LOL I've been good and keeping busy. Thank goodness the kids have been OK with these tornados.

      Peg sorry you didn't get your puppy. That wasn't nice!
      Virginia? I really enjoyed ur bird tale. Congratulations to ur nephew.
      "No man is an island entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main"....
      John Donne

      Comment


        #4
        Happy May Day, everybody!

        Peg, it's too bad you didn't get the dog you wanted. Is there another possibility?

        Virginia, of course you put that wreath out just to some birds could nest in it--any idea what type of birds these are? Must be interesting to have them so close by you can just peek in on them.

        Hi, LaCeli!

        I'm still getting used to mousing with my left hand. I don't know if this is going to work. And getting used to the closed-caption phone. So far, it's been a great improvement over my old phone.

        Busy getting to appointments for hearing aid repair, eye doctor, routine lab work, and now it seems still more dental work.

        I'm glad it's all fairly routine stuff. Some people here have been going through medical torture, and positive vibes are being sent to them.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #5
          Thought I'd pop in before this post gets too long for me to keep up with. Hello to everyone.
          Have a Dr. Appt to get the results of my breast biopsy, fingers crossed all is well there.
          Wanted to wish everybody a happy May...I hope it's springtime wherever you are.

          Comment


            #6
            thanks Whisper, It's 6 years since you wrote that, but it is now May 5, 2012. Happy May to everyone. OOPS I made a mistake, you wrote this today. LOL
            Lorraine (lor)

            Comment


              #7
              Lorraine, you had my head spinning when you said six years. LOL

              Agate, I have no idea what kind of birds, but Daddy has a lot of red under his neck and on his chest. Very pretty. Mother does not have that. They are kind of small birds. Daddy really thinks pretty highly of himself. He has stopped coming as often as he was. Oh well, just like a man. Of course that does not include Howie, Gary or the Mods!!!

              I went to my Physical Therapist again today. I am so pleased with her. She spends the whole 45 minutes with me. If I could bring her home I could really make some progress. I have walked wrong for so long I have a real hard time getting my body to do what I want it to. She can put her hands on my hips or where ever she wants me to change something and I can feel it and try to do it, but then when I get home I can't tell if I am doing it right or not. I will keep trying.
              Someone looking at me would not be able to tell I was walking that wrong (unless I am overly tired).

              Where's Gary and Sally?

              Guess we will hear from Jeannie when there is something to report. I know they are just so stressed.
              Virginia

              Comment


                #8
                Whisper- I pray your biopsy is "no evidence of disease." Please let us know.
                ANN
                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                Comment


                  #9
                  Biopsy was fine, but now need an MRI of the breast. Don't know what an MRI will tell them that a biopsy wouldn't...but oh well, I just do what I'm told...lol

                  Thanks for caring.
                  I don't know where you got that I wrote this 6 years ago, lor, but it wasn't.

                  Anyway, again, happy May everyone.
                  Lorraine :)

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Hello back Agate.
                    Whisper, I'm so glad the biopsy was good. God Bless.
                    "No man is an island entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main"....
                    John Donne

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Lorraine, I'm glad you "passed" the biopsy. Now good luck with the MRI. When is it?
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Hi everybody,

                        Wow already page 2!!! I am doing okay, the doc extended my oral taper as my cortisol level was WAY too low and so I will be on a slooooow taper for about 3 weeks. The good thing is my BP is down and I am feeling better. Not whee I was a month ago but its a start. I have been puttering in the yard and the sand separator tank on our water well sprung a leak so I had to pull it apart and weld it and at the same time I re-plumbed the whole pump house. Tomorrow I plan to putter in the garden a bit. Things are looking up!!

                        Whisper good to hear. And Cherie is off to the cruise I have never gone but my wife has always wanted to go on one they have one that is for quilters hmmm sounds like fun ;) .

                        My MIL had her ultra sound biopsy she has 2 spots in one breast and 1 spot in the other side. Not good. The single spot in stage 2 and the other side 1 small spot is stage 1 and the other large spot is stage 3. They recommend she have a whole body MRI and she is having a colon endoscopy next week as she is having trouble as well. My wife is the go to person and always has been, but we live 50 miles one way from Boise. So I probably need to see about a special permit for a temporary house here on the farm. The call them mother-in-law quarters. A single wide manufactured home would do the trick as all this running back and forth is way to hard on my wife. Either that or I will need to add on to the the house.

                        We had quite the hail storm this afternoon I was driving home and when it hit I was in the slow lane and it blew me across into the center meridian, scary to say the least, I have driven is all types on bad weather and all types of cars trucks buses and tractors but that was by far the worst situation I have ever been in. You can see the farm from the freeway and when I got off the freeway my cell rang and it was my wife saying she was concerned as a bad storm just hit the farm and headed toward the freeway. I told her I know and meet me in the drive way as I will need help prying my fingers off the steering wheel.

                        Be healthy everybody.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Gary, you do not have a boring life.

                          Whisper, may all your biopsies be negative... as are mine.

                          No paint job or tile yet- it is still in the imagination phase.
                          Fortune cookie saying, " A man with no imagination has no wings."
                          I like that.

                          Now 5:44 a.m. and I should have removed my bedroom junk for an old
                          h-bed removal to be followed by new h-bed replacement same afternoon.

                          Most things/people get me anxious, crazy and wired lately.
                          Going to visit a shrink and a neuro psych person soon because I answered
                          some questions very honestly last neuro visit.
                          Spooked the neuro.
                          Is it Rebif? Is it MS? Yuck.

                          I hope the shrink is good.
                          Mediocre shrinks are annoying- the business about becoming a shrink because
                          one is so screwed up, has merit.

                          The neuro psych experience scares me.
                          Who the **** is fresh for a 3 hour psych eval at 9 a.m.???
                          Not me.

                          My ego is like a detergent bubble- it easily bursts before
                          it touches a surface.
                          "Renee, you have become a bland marshmallow.
                          The dementia you feared at 23 is heeeere."

                          What is the upside?
                          Living on a farm with a bunch of goats who don't judge.

                          If you actually read this, thank you.
                          If you pretended to, thank you.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by renee View Post
                            Gary, you do not have a boring life.
                            What is the upside?
                            Living on a farm with a bunch of goats who don't judge.
                            .

                            No there is something going on all the time!! One thing my wife and I have learned to never EVER say is "Well it could be worse....."

                            Had to laugh at the goat comment during the time we ran our dairy we were the largest Grade A goat dairy in the Pacific Northwest. And now our renters are doing the same thing. One thing about this time of year is that the babies start popping out and there is not much that tops a baby goat running around. Especially now as we get to pet them and someone else has to feed and take care of them.

                            I have slept about 1 & 1/2 hours tonight. Gotta love the oral 'roid tapers. Way worse than the IVSM to me anyway.All fired up and no where to go.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Goats? Evidently they can be so expert at cutting down people's weeds that in some parts of the world they get hired as weed-cutters. One company in the news hererecently ran into a bit of a problem, though, because the goats didn't show up for work.

                              Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                              You can't really blame the goats. It's probably the fault of the person in charge of them.
                              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X