Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charlie Rose show on MS

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Charlie Rose show on MS

    SO was listening to this on the radio last night. Alas, it put him to sleep so I have no review. It is apparently a repeat from 7/6/12. One may have to log in to hear it. Find it here:

    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...


    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

    #2
    Ann, That was a very interesting video and well worth listening for 53 minutes. Could you please post the radio station and time of the broadcast as I am interested in the next episode which is on ALS. My husband is being evaluated and tested for the possibility of ALS.

    Gabriella
    Progressive/Relapsing MS, Myasthenia Gravis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
    Advocate for ADA, Artist's Community for Change, ADAPT, Universal Living in Place, HopeKeepers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine

    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own"........Adam Lindsay Gordon

    Comment


      #3
      Gabriella,

      He heard it on a local Boston NPR station around midnight last night. If you check your NPR stations (TV and radio) you should find it in a search.

      Best to you and your husband,
      ANN
      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

      Comment


        #4
        I found it very interesting too. In fact the science as it was explained seemed clearer to me than other presentations I've looked at.

        It was particularly interesting that they're working on myelin repair, with the anti-LINGO-1 antibody that was discussed.

        Dr. Alfred Sandrock of Biogen Idec, who is one of the panelists on the show, kept speaking of Copaxone and the interferons in the past tense, almost as if they're on their way out. And yet many people are still on these drugs.

        And at one point the panelists seemed to be recommending "routine brain scans" for everyone--so that MS could be detected (and treated, presumably) at an early age. I'm assuming they mean MRI scans here, but I wonder if this is a common idea now? It's not one I'd heard of before.

        Thanks so much, ANN, for letting us know about this program. Oh, and I didn't have to log in to see and hear it.
        Last edited by agate; 07-10-2012, 09:43 PM. Reason: to add a comment
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #5
          I've only listened for 15 minutes tonight, but hope to get back to this when I have an hour.

          Thanks Ann for posting this.
          Virginia

          Comment

          Working...
          X