Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone improved from taking ABCR's?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by boston/maine View Post
    Cherie, What changes did you make to your diet? If you would please.
    I'm so sorry. I did not see this. It was called to my attention today in an email.

    I have eliminated all processed foods (no ready made meals, no preservatives or dyes). Most of what I eat is fresh produce. My day starts with a cup of fresh fruit (frozen when fresh not available) and a cup of non-fat gogurt blended into a smoothie. No sweeteners...the fruit sweetens it sufficiently.

    I used to do a salad and some protein for lunch for a couple of years and now I make vegetable juice (2 qts about every 4-5 days) and have a 16 ounce glass of that for lunch. A handful of almonds or a hard boiled egg provided adequate protein. What goes into the juicer to make 2 quarts of juice?
    1-2 cups radishes
    2" fresh ginger root
    1 apple
    1 bag rommaine lettuce hearts (3 large bunches)
    an entire bunch of celery
    1 cucumber
    a bunch of swiss chard
    1/2-1c fresh basil leaves
    a gold beet or a couple carrots
    Occasionally I will add some tomato or pepper if there are too many in the house to use quickly.

    Things that do not juice well:
    eggplant
    mature squash or zucchini
    Kale if the leaves are large (I've tried frozen kale and it just flies into the fiber bin without extracting any juice)

    Mid morning and mid afternoon I'll have a handful of nuts and some berries or carrots or finger fruit or vegetable.

    Evening meal is a protein (3-6 ounces) of fish, poultry or meat (red meat is 1-2x/week because I need the iron) fish is a couple times a week.
    2-3 cups of cooked vegetable, yam, brown rice, quinoa.

    I no longer eat bread or pasta except on very rare occasions as it does not personally agree with me.
    All sugars except what comes naturally in fruits and vegetables are out of the picture.

    And I drink half my body weight in ounces of water daily in addition to other beverages. In otherwords...if you weigh 140, you drink 70 ounces water. If you weigh 200 you drink 100 ounces water.

    The vegetable juice has been for the past 6 months or so. Everything else for about 5 years now.

    By eating this way, I can pretty much go out to dinner occasionally or to a party and eat reasonably without too much trouble. I will often feel a bit more fatigued the next day if there is dairy or gluten or sugars in what I eat but my body, with a bit extra water the next day can usually shed anything food-wise that I eat that varies from this schedule.

    Hope this answers your questions.

    Comment

    Working...
    X