Sorry you had this problem Agate, but glad you told me. I have actually had that thought cross my mind. My computer should be able to deal with it, but we never know.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Decorah eagles
Collapse
X
-
Sometimes I've had problems I've asked technical experts about, and they often ask what I was doing when the computer developed a problem.
The other couple of times when the screen went dark suddenly were when I was playing a game at the AARP games site. I'm still taking my chances and playing those games but I try not to stay around there for any length of time any more.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~
Agate and Virginia ~
I just responded to both of you in the Chitchat thread regarding your computer issues.
What I learned as my old iMac was failing, from my dear friend, who knows computers, was that interactive (games) and video sites, particularly live streaming, take a toll on a computer/device. While I waited for my new iMac, I relied on my iPad, using cellular data, and it didn't take long for that data to be used up.
It's even worse, if your Operating System (OS) is outdated, or your computer is several years old. I know that my old iMac far outlived its shelf-life. What we may consider "not that old," is probably quite old by modern technology standards.
I checked in on the eaglets today, and I noticed one of the parents perched on a branch away from the nest, while the eaglets slept. One parent is always nearby keeping an eye on the babies, even when we can't see that parent.
The eaglets have certainly grown quickly, but I don't think that they are ready to fledge yet. They have to go through training with Mom and Dad first. And their feathers are certainly coming in now. It's astounding how quickly they mature.
I wish you both, Agate and Virginia, the best with your computer woes. I will testify that changing from my old computer to my new computer was stressful, but not nearly as stressful as wondering what was going to happen next or when my computer would just give up and not come back on.
Love & Light,
❤️❤️❤️❤️
Rose
*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
THANKS!
Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.
Comment
-
(((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~
It has been awhile, since I checked in on the eaglets, and they are huge! One of the parents was in the nest with them probably to keep them from toppling out of the nest.
They were feeling their Wheaties! Showing the parent their wing spread and that they are learning. They pecked at the parent a few times, and the parent reacted with a "back off" attitude. And that eagle scowl!
Now the parent is perched on the branch above the eaglets, on watch duty.
The nest is quite clean and tidy. No leftovers to be seen.
It's wonderful to watch them maturing. They might fledge in June, if my recollection is correct.
Love & Light,
❤️❤️❤️❤️
Rose
*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
THANKS!
Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.
Comment
-
I'm pretty sure I'd be very obedient if I was a youngun and had parents who were eagles. One look from one of them and I'd be back in line. They have the look of being parents who put up with no nonsense.
SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
I must not have checked in on them for nearly a week because of the problem I had with the computer but I looked in today (and the screen didn't go dark) and how they've changed! They're looking more and more like their parents, handsome feathers and all.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
What a feast is going on! The things some people will eat... They seem to have a raccoon carcass and are having a wonderful time.
The youngsters are almost as big as their parent now but don't have white heads yet. Wonder when/if their heads turn white?
Here's the link again so as to avoid finding it on page 4:
Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...Last edited by agate; 06-02-2021, 05:18 PM.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
I believe they have to do a little practicing first before they take off, and even after they've taken off, they might come back for food. And maybe because there's no place like home?SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~
I think eagles sleep at night, so they probably will fledge in the daytime.
I found this website with excellent information about bald eagles:
Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
When I checked on the eaglets earlier today, one was eating, and the other one was "wingersizing." They're getting ready for their first flight, getting those wings strong and learning about what the wind feels like underneath them.
What a delight to watch them grow! Thanks again, agate, for starting this thread.
Thinking of Nuthatch (Joan) and her family today.
Love & Light,
❤️❤️❤️❤️
Rose
*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
THANKS!
Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.
Comment

Comment