Sunshine, I must not have explained this very well. On June 30 I took the paratransit van service that I usually use to a hospital complex that is only about 10 minutes away and got the J&J vaccine. My son had offered to take me for the vaccine but I kept looking and never was able to find a place that gave the J&J vaccine and wasn't a place where there might be long waits, inaccessible bathrooms, etc.
Finally this one opened up, and I've been to other buildings in that complex and so had a good idea what I was in for when there. I called the hospital pharmacy about getting the vaccine when I received an e-mail from them letting me know that this was possible. They told me when the least busy times were (11 to 4) and that worked well for me. I waited only about 45 minutes for the shot.
I really didn't want my son to have to use his time and energy just taking me for a vaccine, possibly twice. He is completely overloaded as it is.
So if I've made things more difficult than they needed to be for myself, it was entirely my choice. I had other options, to be sure.
Looks as if J&J is less effective than the other two but I'm continuing to wear a mask every time I'm going to encounter people. And washing my hands diligently and disinfecting surfaces.
Finally this one opened up, and I've been to other buildings in that complex and so had a good idea what I was in for when there. I called the hospital pharmacy about getting the vaccine when I received an e-mail from them letting me know that this was possible. They told me when the least busy times were (11 to 4) and that worked well for me. I waited only about 45 minutes for the shot.
I really didn't want my son to have to use his time and energy just taking me for a vaccine, possibly twice. He is completely overloaded as it is.
So if I've made things more difficult than they needed to be for myself, it was entirely my choice. I had other options, to be sure.
Looks as if J&J is less effective than the other two but I'm continuing to wear a mask every time I'm going to encounter people. And washing my hands diligently and disinfecting surfaces.


Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.
I have not talked to anyone in person since Saturday. My Nephew who was working in New Jersey called Saturday night and said he was going to work through the night Sunday night and fly home this morning to be with his Mother at visitation for his Grandmother. He wanted to pick me up and take me with him, but he did not call me back yesterday to set it up for tonight. It was just as well. There is no way I could go. My condition is not good and I don't even have the strength to consider it.
Comment