Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woman with both MS and SPS and her farming method

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Woman with both MS and SPS and her farming method

    From the Valencia County (NM) News Bulletin (July 8), an article about a woman who has both MS and stiff-person syndrome who is doing regenerative farming.

    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    #2
    Interesting article. I am anxious to hear what Sunshine has to say.
    Virginia

    Comment


      #3
      Thank you, Agate.

      ANN
      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

      Comment


        #4
        Perhaps it helped HER, a sample of one. It reminds me of the other diets, Wahls, paleo, Swank: they each might help a small fraction of the patients, especially those that have very poor nutrition balance, But I truly doubt they impact the disease.

        I have tried Gluten Free, Swank, Zone: none touched the two diseases, although they likely make me healthier in other ways. Gluten free did zero for me, so I went back to Gluten, although I eat very little bread, rice, noodles since the Zone diet really controls cholesterol. Its not the cholesterol you eat that causes cholesterol problems, its the high carbs compared to protein intake that causes the body to manufacture cholesterol.

        Comment


          #5
          Guess we'd all like to believe that something we're doing is helping us to stay healthier than we were. That way we can go on behaving in that way and keep hoping that we're helping ourselves to better health--even though it was really just the disease doing its expectable thing all along. Lying in wait and lulling us into complacency so it could slam us when we're all cozy-like.

          I've been keeping an eye on any findings about diet and MS, and time and again the most reliable authorities are saying that no diet or diet change has been found to help MS. The evidence just isn't there.

          There is evidence that not getting the recommended nutrients can have a bad effect on health and therefore on MS as well.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment

          Working...
          X