Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why yes I would like some cheese with my whine.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Cherie View Post
    Gary,
    This may sound awful because I know you were totally being honest with us and feel crappy a lot lately, but you have the makings of a great stand up (fall down) comic. I enjoy you!
    I am still chuckling and Trish is rolling her eyes.

    I am thinking about sponsoring a Demolition derby with wheel chairs. Or perhaps people with MS careening around the room, just trying to walk in their normal manner. Since I bang into everything and anything in the room, this might be interesting. It would be one of those reality TV show that lots of people watch but wont admit it.

    I know " you are still able able to walk (ha ha see above) you still have your eye sight (yeah I can still see the TV, not what is on it but I can see it). In all seriousness I think that people don't know what TO say so they use well meaning (ha ha again) tired old chestnuts. After all would anyone come up to you and say "Oh my God, you look like you are at deaths door" .

    I am tired of being tired and I am tired of taking handfuls of pills multiple times a day I am tired of shots. I am tired of not going to the bathroom when I want to. I am not going to throw myself under a bus (I live on a farm, what bus) because I know tomorrow is another day. But THIS day is taking a long time to pass.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Gary View Post
      I am tired of having MS. I am tired of trying to be up beat. I just watched a bit on the news concerning a MS bike ride (WHAT?!?!) and it had someone with MS riding a bike and said " I have MS and I never let it slow me down!" I am so angry that I could spit nails. I cant go outside because its too hot. I cant walk without looking like I am on the 4th day of a 3 day drunk.
      Thanks for listing.
      I just wanted to add my W H I N E.......to this thread.

      No applause please.
      Love, Sally


      "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






      Comment


        #18
        Boy did this thread get my attention!!! In case anyone has noticed I haven't been posting as much lately because I was afraid of being a whiner. I feel so much the way that some of the people on here talked. People just don't get it!!! I KNOW, I KNOW they are not supposed to, but I am tired of hearing it. A couple of weeks ago someone told me they saw Meredith Viera and her husband on TV. They said he looked so good and talked so good and that he has had MS for 40 years. In other words I should be like that too. I asked if he had his cane with him and she said she didn't notice one. I went on the internet and pulled up the program and the cane was right there in front of him. I also told her he was legally blind and she acted as though she did not believe me. I just said well I read it in his book. I also reminded her that he can travel at his own pace and in whatever fashion he pleases since he has the wherewithal to do so.

        This is just a small example I know, but everything to do with this type thing has gotten to me lately. I think it is a sign of my own progression and my own feeling of helplessness over it.

        So, glad I saw this and could whine a little tonight. Mostly, I have just been staying to myself lately to keep from doing this.

        Virginia
        Virginia

        Comment


          #19
          this is getting to be a thread, everyone needs,, I nominate Gary to carry this on, every week,,, no sugr coating allowed in here,,

          what cha all think of this idea,,
          " Don't outsmart your common sense"

          Peg

          Comment


            #20
            What would we call it? Gary is Cheesy?


            Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Frog42 View Post
              What would we call it? Gary is Cheesy?
              Well that's better than Gary is Whiny.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Frog42 View Post
                What would we call it? Gary is Cheesy?
                Gary's Whine with Cheese?

                Comment


                  #23
                  Invitation

                  How about having a "Whine and Cheesy Reception" every week starting on a Monday and invite everyone to join in?

                  Gabriella
                  Last edited by Gabriella7; 08-21-2012, 11:30 AM.
                  Progressive/Relapsing MS, Myasthenia Gravis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
                  Advocate for ADA, Artist's Community for Change, ADAPT, Universal Living in Place, HopeKeepers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine

                  "Life is mostly froth and bubble, two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own"........Adam Lindsay Gordon

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Great idea!!! Maybe Gary could start it off and as Gabriella said call it "Gary's Whine with Cheese". Then we would not have to feel guilty about anything we say other places. We can just go to that thread and get it out.
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Or just keep the same title as now?
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Anything sounds fine with me I like the chit chat thread because I am nosy. But I always thought the idea behind it (other than the world war 3 we had about OT threads) was just to let folks know what was going on in their life. I hadn't given any thought to doing it every week but it might NOT be a bad idea to have a place to whine we certainly deserve it.

                        That way if someone is always upbeat and never has a bad day(yes I am dripping with sarcasm) they don't have to read it. At least you would know what you were getting into when you opened it. I know that there are lots of folks that don't want to think about the negative side to a chronic illness.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          And it wouldn't be OT, either. MSessy and Whiny.
                          Love, Sally


                          "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X