If you are immunocomprised you can get either Pfizer or Moderna.now
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Got my Moderna booster yesterday
Collapse
X
-
I want to get mine as soon as I can, but have been unable to get around to it. I've got to get my flu shot also, that's as soon as I can also.Virginia
-
I had a similar reaction to the booster that I had to the second shot . That was pretty bad. I also got the flus shot. So, 24 now it is a day and a half later and I am beginning to improve. My bad leg becomes useless so I understand what life will be like when I have one leg that does not work. OI-vez…I am moving about the house tonight but need my walker to move. I am glad I got the vaccinations. But my reaction is pretty tough.
-
-
((((((Linda)))))) ~
I am so sorry that you are having adverse side effects from the vaccines. I think spacing the flu shot and COVID shot is a good idea, because both can cause reactions.
So far, the people I know, who have had the booster shot reacted similarly to their second dose.
When did you have your second dose? How many months between your second dose and the booster?
Please just rest and drink plenty of water, so you don't get dehydrated, and no farm work for awhile! Prayers and healing energy on the way to you.
It has only been 2 1/2 months since my second dose, so I'm probably not eligible or ready for it. I don't know. With the news that Pfizer's efficacy wanes after 2 months, I'm nervous.
Feel better soon, Linda!
Love & Light,
❤️❤️❤️❤️
Rose
*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
THANKS!
Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.
Comment
-
Too bad, Linda!
I dread the flu shot every year because I never know if I'll be really wiped out.
Sounds as if you had the COVID booster at the same time as the flu shot?
Can you take Tylenol to cut down on some of the problems?SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
I am much better. So two days and now I only have a very sore arm.
yes..I had both shots the same day in the same arm….it seemed like a good idea to have only one sore arm?!
it has been 6 months since my original second dose and I am selling at farmers markets so I am glad to have this booster of the Moderna vaccine.
hope everyone is relatively ok. It has been very warm in the northeast so we have a crop of sugar snap peas ready to harvest.Linda~~~~
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..
Comment
-
But wouldn't you get a very very sore arm if you have more than one vaccine at once in it?
I'm just the opposite. I wouldn't ever get two vaccine shots at once just because I wouldn't want the side effects from both of them at once, and you never know if you'll have side effects.
The farmers' markets are mainly outdoors, I think? I've heard that if you're outdoors you're much safer --much less exposed to COVID-19 floating around.
-
-
My understanding is that the flu shot should be given at least two weeks between it and the COVID vaccine.
I got my flu shot Sept 4th.
I got my Moderna shot Oct 1st.
My reaction to Moderna was a bit stronger than my second Moderna. This time I did raise a very low temp, but not before. The neurological consequences were painful parathesias of my legs that were pretty much non stop for about 24 hours.
Comment
-
((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~
Linda ~
It's good to hear that you are feeling better. Six months is a good time to get a booster, it seems. I mean, I don't know anymore what the recommendation du jour is!
I agree with agate and Sunshine that it might be best to space the flu shot and the COVID vaccine booster. My friend had both at the same time as you did, and she had quite a few side effects for a couple of days.
Try putting some witch hazel on your arm to relieve the pain. It works. Saturate a paper towel and wrap it around your arm, secure with cloth or paper tape. It reduces swelling/inflammation.
Has your husband had a booster vaccine yet?
Hope all goes well for you at the market on Saturday, and that you have lovely weather.
Sunshine ~
I can't even imagine how difficult that must have been for you.
Prayers, healing, positive energy and blessings for all ~ whatever comes at us, we find our way through it!
Love & Light,
❤️❤️❤️❤️
Rose
*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
THANKS!
Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.
Comment
-
I am due for my booster, just been six months this month. Moderna. Was sick as a dog for four days with mine after my second shot. Three days were bad, recovered on the fourth. I am hesitant to get the booster though it is like a half dose of the Moderna. I had my regular flu shot at the doc's about two weeks ago. I know I will break down and get it, just dreading.
Comment
-
Thank you for asking! I have not gotten it yet. It just turned six months 2 weeks ago. I would like to arrange it around appointments so I make sure I have a few days to recover just in case. Have had a few FB friends say it was rough so I am a bit hesitant. I will get it. Right now my van is broken down so I will need to have transport for it. Be well!
Comment
-
That's the way I feel too--trying to arrange the flu shot to allow for a recovery period. It would be far more convenient if I could get the flu shot and the COVID-19 booster at the same time (only one trip instead of two) but there's no way I would want to do that. Each vaccine has its own possible side effects, and I just prefer one set of them at a time.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
I was surprised to get a broadcast message from my MS Specialist telling patients to get a third full dose of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine if we were immunosuppressed and also if we were on an immunomodulater. Copaxone was listed. So a week ago today I had a third full dose. I had very little systemic reaction. My arm hurt and I had a day or two when I couldn’t get warm or was cold but no actual fever.
I did end up with a nasty injection site reaction that looked a lot like cellulitis that sent me to Urgent Care. Bright red, 3 x 4 inches. I was told it was a “significant site reaction.”It is still indurated but no longer bright red. Definitely resolving without antibiotics. Not looking forward to any further doses.
I had my flu shot in September.There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK
Comment
-
Ann, too bad about the arm injection site reaction. Sounds like it was a kind of bad looking to send you to the Urgent care. I am glad you are alright and no antibiotics were required.
Good for you for getting both your flu shot and your booster. Wish I had mine over. The first appointment I could get for the flu shot was next week and then I want to wait 2 weeks before I get my booster. If I can get an appointment I will do it in that time frame. This is the latest I have gotten my flu shot in years. I usually get mine in October, but couldn't get an appointment this year.
Glad you are alright.Virginia
Comment
-
@ Virginia- I just want to be clear - there are booster shots and there are “ third doses.” I received a third dose because I am on an immunomodulator. It’s a higher dose than a booster. Check with your own MS Specialist and make your appointment for the correct dose. If he follows the guidelines, Im guessing you will also get a third dose.
it surprised me as I am otherwise not immunosuppressed.
ANNThere comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK
Comment


Comment