Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paraprosdokians

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Paraprosdokians

    Another shameful borrowing from another message board:

    Paraprosdokians are figures of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected and is often humorous. Sir Winston Churchill was fond of them.



    1. Where there's a will, I want to be in it.

    2. The last thing I want to do is hurt you ...but it's still on my list.

    3. Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

    4. If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

    5. We never really grow up -- we only learn how to act in public.

    6. War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

    7. Knowledge, is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

    8. To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

    9. I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

    10. In filling out an application, where it says, "In case of an emergency, notify..." I answered "a doctor."

    11. Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

    12. You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

    13. I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

    14. To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

    15. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian, any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

    16. You're never too old to learn something stupid.

    17. I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder for me to find someone older than me.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    #2
    Some good.ones in there Agate. Personally, numbers 16 and 17 are my favorites because they best reflect me.
    Virginia

    Comment


      #3
      I enjoyed 5, 10, and 13.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #4
        Here are more ..... Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

        Comment


          #5
          Thanks, jingle. I liked this one: "There are three kinds of people in the world--those who can count and those who can't."
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment

          Working...
          X