Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunshine 2's Keep On Moving thread - March

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Sunshine 2's Keep On Moving thread - March

    In Sunshine 2's absence, here is the March Keep On Moving thread. This is the message that she used to start that thread:

    MS creates some real challenges to keep on moving. It helps to inspire each other on how to find ways to move.

    Did you stretch in your bed, swing your arms, roll side to side today? Or perhaps you did housework? Or exercised in a pool? Tracked your count of steps? Chased your cat around the home? Pushed the wheelchair wheels with your arms at the store? Post them here and we can support and egg each other on.

    REMEMBER: this is a keep on moving thread, not keep on exercising! Any moving is important it doesn't have to be exercise! Even Science proves that
    Sunshine 2, I hope that things are improving for you and that you'll be back among us soon.

    Recent pedometer results:
    2/19 - 1242 steps
    2/20 - 1384 "
    2/21 - 1729 "
    2/22 - 1611 "
    2/23 - 830 "
    2/24 - 1161 "
    2/25 - 879 "
    2/26 - 2222 "

    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    #2
    Good step count Agate. Keep going!

    I too hope Sunshine 2 will soon be able to be back with us. This board really misses her.
    Virginia

    Comment


      #3
      Hello there!

      I started physical therapy and now can walk at least 1000 steps daily as long as DH is in the house since my balance still stuffers.

      My hope is that summer will bring continued improvement and the ability to walk down to the ocean and be with my fellow surfer club, and if I am lucky enough lie on my board and let he warm gentle waves rock me.

      Surfing was my heart and soul and the memories both comfort me and loss.

      Comment


        #4
        How very nice to see you posting, Sunshine 2! You've been missed!
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #5
          Sunshine, it brightens my day to come on and see you posting. So glad you are doing better.
          Virginia

          Comment


            #6
            ((((((Sunshine 2)))))) ~

            How wonderful to see you posting again! You are making great progress! I pray you will continue to improve so that you can walk to the beach and be one with the ocean again. I'm visualizing that for you. May it be so!

            Love & Light,

            ❤️❤️❤️❤️

            Rose
            Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

            Comment


              #7
              Taken 2/6/22--with grandson. He's on the move and so is Grandma.
              4pjljluBehPdvqJ-eVk_4l1hXsn_COVZAmX297IPnCcKZTs_4zw-6Auv6lbe7dFC8xHQvWqYHG6ANZHT__XsYywrRIukf06L2SKaXWZY-fsBOhwBrF6q_oB8yqfhmsQiTJVVV3PDdy9U3c1Kc28r9BqXaLSdgWv-2xhpOZRiSNsGQWpT1ozRwuvSim54vfSo2MYSO_9Di3cx_jRZ_jnC9CFcCOcVtWzcECUjew63E-Xg-7vTOsV5-c_aGIy7hLU
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                #8
                Wonderful picture Agate! You look great! Aren't grandkids the best. You can enjoy them but then send them home to their parents at the end of the day.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Well, I'm probably am not up to taking care of any little human dynamo at this point for any length of time, and one or both of his parents are always here too. I give out too suddenly and unpredictably.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    You absolutely look great! That had to be a really good day. Grandson is a cute little precocious young man. I bet he goes a mile a minute. So glad you do get to spend time with him. I am sure you wish for more. I am sure he gets cuter every time you see him.
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Thanks, Virginia! He does indeed go at a fast clip, whizzing around. Too bad he can't give some of his energy away to others!

                      Here is a video that might be useful for some of us. The exercises aren't very demanding but might help with toning up leg muscles. At the very end of it there is a way to get a free exercise band. This is the first in a series from Can Do MS, and this one is called the Sit-to-Stand series.

                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Agate, watched the video today and it prompted me to get out of my chair and do my exercises. Thank you for posting this video. If there are others please post them..
                        Virginia

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I think this one is the first of a 2-part series. The second part might have more of the actual sit-to-stand routines but I'm guessing. I'll definitely post it.
                          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Average step count for February: 1,416 steps/day (based on 24 days)
                            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Great step count Agate! Then there are all the other things you do, such as deep cleaning the apartment for inspection, taking the rollator out for a spin, and your other exercises. Don't know how you do it.
                              Virginia

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X