Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rituxan

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Rituxan

    My neurologist has recommended Rituxan along with my IgG intravenous treatment. What has your experience tells you about Rituxan. I know that Lazarus had a good experience with it.

    #2
    Cherie was also on Rituxin and she was doing well. Of course we don't know about her now. I did see in a recent talk she gave that she has been on Copaxone since 2020. I wondered if it was due to COVID-19. I think she had to travel quite a distance to get her infusions of Rituxin.
    Virginia

    Comment


      #3
      Quite a few posts about Rituxan here if you haven't already looked:

      Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #4
        I have been on rituxan for many years. The infusions are easy and I have no problems at all. I do get better after the infusions. I am wondering…..purely for my on situation…if you know why your neuro recommends rituxan for you and not Ocrevus which is, I think, essentially identical.

        have missed you very much….glad you are here.
        Linda~~~~

        Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

        Comment


          #5
          Oops! Sunshine, I'm sorry but it's too late to edit my previous post, and it looks as if a link to a search result doesn't last long. I entered "Rituxan" in the Search window and came up with all previous posts where it was mentioned, and came up with a link for it, but it expired. You could try doing that if you haven't already.
          Last edited by agate; 03-03-2022, 07:20 AM.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            #6
            I take Rituxan. Will post more later.

            Comment


            • Lazarus
              Lazarus commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi,
              Did you get the 2 shots of evusheld? monoclonal antibodies that act prophylactically to prevent Covid. I got 2 shots in December when it was granted emergency use status for immunocompromised people. Those on rituxan or o revues may not get enough antibodies from vaccines. So we were put on the priority list.

              Just a few days ago they issued a new order for another round of that drug because it was determined that we needed a stronger dose to be effective. I get 2 more shots next Friday.

            #7
            They are also continuing IgG infusion (immunoglobulin) which keeps me from getting infections. Anythoughts about this?

            Comment


              #8
              Hi Sunshine, so good to see you here. How are you? You have been missed. Please update us if you feel up to it.

              The good news about IVIG is that, while Rituxan may interfere with COV antibody production, IVIG itself may confer some COV protection by providing the antibodies from the pooled donors that could offset this.

              See:

              Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... %20donor,plasma%20pools%20and%20IVIG%20products.&a mp;text=Gajardo%20R-,Currently%20available%20intravenous%20immunoglobu lin%20contains%20antibodies%20reacting%20against,r espiratory%20syndrome%20coronavirus%202%20antigens

              See the references there for added info. Hope this helps. Please take good care in 2022.
              Last edited by SuzE-Q; 03-07-2022, 01:02 PM. Reason: tried to correct link but didn't work, need to maybe copy and paste it
              Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

              Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

              Comment


                #9
                I have been on Rituxan for a few years. I stopped taking it for about a year and switched to Avonex so I would be ready to make B cells (antibodies) when a vaccine was ready. After I was vaccinated with the first two Pfizer covid shots, I restarted Rituxan.

                I recently moved Maryland and was just recently accepted into the Johns Hopkins MS Clinic (this was a very long process). My first appointment is at the end of April, and it is only a video call.

                I really hope I can get back on Rituxan soonish. I will see what the new neurologist recommends. I had the Pfizer booster shot in November, and will get a second one next week. I have not noticed feeling any better on Rituxan. In fact, I get a little worse every year. Fatigue is my worst symptom, but my balance has become noticeably worse.

                Lazarus, I have not had the antibody pretreatment, because I am between neurologists.
                Last edited by Ikoiko; 03-08-2022, 10:02 PM.

                Comment


                • Lazarus
                  Lazarus commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi Ikoiko,
                  I hope your in between neurologists status ends soon. I am in that position too. It is bad.
                  Your description of your situation :”I realI have not noticed feeling any better on Rituxan. In fact, I get a little worse every year. Fatigue is my worst symptom, but my balance has become noticeably worse.“ . This is exactly what I will say tomorrow in the last appointment with my leaving neurologist. !!!

                  That is why I asked if there was any information about switching to Ocrevus. This was the original thought of my great neurologist researcher who retired 5 years ago. Since the 2 are essentially identical I do not think it is worth switching. I like rituxan’ low danger profile and maybe it is really working great and I am getting worse but not as ‘worse’ as I would be without it. I have grown weary of this endless struggle to figure out what to do next.

                  Well, back in the saddle again with more questions than answers and treatment decisions to make.
                  .
              Working...
              X