Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

April chitchat thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

    Howie ~

    I agree that it would help you immensely if you had one notebook just for passwords/user names. I also recommend dating the password, so you know how recent it is.

    I wonder why you were logged out, when you didn't log out on your own. Maybe the forum is designed to log out members, who don't post after a certain period of time? We'd have to ask Mike about that.

    agate ~

    You are very organized! And white out? I didn't even know that it was still available!

    Love & Light,

    ❤️❤️❤️❤️

    Rose

    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

    Comment


      #32
      Rose, I'm not organized at all--just desperate. I go wild when I can't get a password right, and that little notebook has pages with so many scratched-out passwords it's pathetic. Or whited-out. Yes, you can still get white-out though it comes in a tape form too now, and the tape never lasts long at all.

      I've been finding that dating when you make a password entry in the notebook is really helpful.

      I believe sometimes you can get logged out of all of your Websites if something goes a bit nutty with your computer, but it sounds as if Howie was logged out only from BrainTalk and not from any other Websites he might expect to be logged in at. That does seem odd.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #33
        Rose, you are probably right. I don't post very often, and the forum probably does sign you out if you haven't posted in a long time. I will try to be more talkative.
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

        Albert Einstein

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by Howie View Post
          Rose, you are probably right. I don't post very often, and the forum probably does sign you out if you haven't posted in a long time. I will try to be more talkative.
          I didn't know that. Sounds like a really good idea. So BrainTalk penalizes people who don't post much by logging them out. It's one way of encouraging people to be more active here.

          Just talk on, Howie. The space is here for us, after all. And if you don't talk, Sam might, and you wouldn't want that to happen.



          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            #35
            Sssssssssh....she's asleep on my lap, and if you wake her, she will have plenty to say, but none of it would be appropriate to put it on this forum.
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

            Albert Einstein

            Comment


              #36
              There you have it then. You have to keep posting here because the alternative is too horrible even to think about. Sam is known to create

              HAVOC

              MAYHEM

              and even

              PANDEMONIUM!
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                #37
                ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

                Just to be clear, I have no idea if members are logged off automatically after a certain period of not posting on the forums. That was pure speculation on my part, as I was juggling various reasons why you would be logged out by the System rather than by your own doing, Howie.

                As I said, Mike Weins is probably the only one who could answer that question.

                If you can't think of anything to say, Howie, then just type XXXXXXXXX. That way we'll know that Sam is on the keyboard.

                Love & Light,

                ❤️❤️❤️❤️

                Rose

                Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                Comment


                  #38
                  I haven't been logged out when I haven't posted in awhile.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    I never log out but recently I have come on to post and could only read. Then I would check and sure enough I would have to log back in in order to post. So, I have to take up for Howie a little bit. This has happened I think when I have mostly been on using my iPad and would then change to my computer or the other way around. However, Howie could try to be more talkative as has been brought up.
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      #40
                      I'm not talkative most of the time because Sam has my tongue and won't let go!
                      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                      Albert Einstein

                      Comment


                        #41
                        That cat has to be let out of the bag.

                        There's no emoji for sliced turkey but I could find some somewhere. It might calm her down if she's intending to wade in here whenever Howie's being too quiet.

                        We could keep some around just in case. So far I haven't found an image that won't disappear on me but if everybody just buys some Fancy Feast Sliced Turkey Entree in Gravy, that might help. Or there's Sliced Turkey Cuts in Rich Gravy.

                        Last edited by agate; 04-16-2022, 11:06 PM.
                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Yes Agate I agree, we need to keep some sliced turkey on hand at all times. Sure fire way to lure Sam out.
                          Virginia

                          Comment


                            #43
                            ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

                            Last Thursday, I visited my dentist for the first time since 2016. I have a loose tooth, which needs removal, as well as a gum infection, for which I'm taking Amoxicillin.

                            Prior to the cleaning, the assistant took my blood pressure with a cuff monitor. It was quite high. I do have White Coat Syndrome, but this was more than that. She took it several times on both wrists, but it got worse each time. Not unusual, because stress is exploding inside of me seeing that reading.

                            I have been keeping track of it since then at home, and it is still quite high. I am walking outside up and down my street for exercise every morning to help bring it down. I'm reducing my sodium intake. I am eating soft foods, because I can't chew until the wobbly tooth is removed.

                            Tomorrow morning, I am going to call our family physician, who treated Michael, Jon, and Jim. He promised us, when he met us, that he treats the whole family. Unfortunately, his website states that he isn't taking any new patients. I am hoping that I will be able to talk to an understanding person, when I call, who will ask him if he will accept me. I can't imagine him saying, no, especially given what he knows I've been through losing my boys and Jim. And I have high blood pressure, which is dangerous.

                            My question for all of you, who take BP medications: Which BP med do you take? Does it work effectively? Side effects?

                            Thank you for sharing this information with me. I'll be making that decision soon, and I want to be informed. This is big for me, because I haven't taken a prescription medication other than Amoxicillin for 30 years or so.

                            Oh, and something you'll appreciate, Virginia ~ The day before my appointment, John's niece came to my home and cut my hair for the first time since 2018. She now specializes in styling curly hair. My hair turned curly after menopause, which apparently is a thing that happens to some women. She did a great job, and it boosted my spirits to finally have stylish hair!

                            I appreciate your feedback everyone!

                            Love & Light,

                            ❤️❤️❤️❤️

                            Rose


                            Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                            Comment


                              #44
                              My hair developed a slight wave in one section in my later years but is still sparse, thin, and flyaway without any other hint of curl in it. I set it with mousse and add conditioner to the shampoo but otherwise it's moderately hopeless. If anyone deserves the bonus of having curly hair develop after menopause, it's you, Rose. Anyone would be happy about that. A neighbor of mine had to have some gruelling chemo treatments recently and lost all her hair, but it's growing back now and coming in perfectly lovely. Maybe sometimes good things happen when we least expect them.

                              I take a BP medicine but not for BP. Hydrochlorothiazide is most commonly used to lower BP. I take it because of general swelling and to prevent kidney stones returning. I've taken it for many years and notice no bad effects. Like all diuretics, it does cause a person to urinate more often, and some people prefer to set up a dosage schedule so that the drug will be having that effect at times when they'll be best able to deal with it.

                              There are several classes of BP drugs, and thiazide diuretics are among the oldest and safest of them. Some other drug may be best for you though. I hope that the doctor you know will agree to treat you. You wouldn't be exactly a "new patient," would you?

                              Hope you can get the wobbly tooth problem fixed soon. Dentists tell me to "just chew on the other side of your mouth" in that situation but that doesn't always work so well. Yogurt, apple sauce, cottage cheese, bananas, berries, soft vegetables, eggs, the possibilities are many but that diet does get boring after a while, doesn't it?
                              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Rose, so glad you got a new, updated hairdo. On top of that it was just in time to go to the Dentist. Doesn't it boost the spirits!

                                I am sorry you have high blood pressure. I was put on something called Losartan last year by my PCP. When I saw my cardiologist last week he left me on that, but doubled the strength. I immediately got it filled but didn't take the higher dose until today. This evening I have a little headache and kind of think I might be a little dizzy. I am not going to read too much into that until I have taken it a few days because it is due to rain here tomorrow and I think the front is already moving in. I often do get a slight headache now and I am more out of balance when the weather pressure changes due to MS. I have heard other people with MS say it effects them also. I didn't have any side effects from the lower dose.

                                I do think the family Doctor who has seen all the rest of your family will see you. They usually do take the spouse of someone they have been seeing and with your background I feel sure they will you.



                                ​​​​​​
                                ​​​​​​
                                Virginia

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X