My Klhip clipper works fine for me on my toenails, but they aren't very thick. The jaw opening is probably too small for thicker toenails, which I have heard can sometimes come with aging.
The curvature of the blades is also pretty sharp, so it takes some finessing to get them to work on the wide front toe (it takes more than one cut), but that comes with just a little practice. I also needed a bit of practice to master the reverse geometry of the Klhip clipper, but that wasn't difficult at all. Once you get used to it, operating the Klhip is easier than it is with the standard type of clipper.
Regarding nail files, I have one made of frosted (bead-blasted) glass. I worked around a lot of bead-blasted glass slides in the lab, but I never thought to try using one as a nail file. One thing I find about the glass file is that its use results in nails with very smooth edges. That is at least half the battle when filing your nails.
The curvature of the blades is also pretty sharp, so it takes some finessing to get them to work on the wide front toe (it takes more than one cut), but that comes with just a little practice. I also needed a bit of practice to master the reverse geometry of the Klhip clipper, but that wasn't difficult at all. Once you get used to it, operating the Klhip is easier than it is with the standard type of clipper.
Regarding nail files, I have one made of frosted (bead-blasted) glass. I worked around a lot of bead-blasted glass slides in the lab, but I never thought to try using one as a nail file. One thing I find about the glass file is that its use results in nails with very smooth edges. That is at least half the battle when filing your nails.

Comment