Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we want a Making Life Easier thread?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I'm sorry you are out $26 over this. It's small consolation, I'm sure, but it cost me over $100 to be able to sit down and take a shower, so at least you are not alone.

    Your review gets the point across, I think, and doesn't come off as being over-the-top. I've only done one myself, and it was positive. If I could take it back, I would. No more reviews for me, I believe.
    Last edited by flatcap; 09-07-2023, 08:26 PM.

    Comment


      I'm wondering what turned you off about reviews? Were there some "problematic" reactions to your review?

      I've written maybe a total of two or three but I try not to get into writing reviews of products. There are lots of people out there already writing reviews. I'd pipe up only if a product is really exceptionally satisfactory or unsatisfactory.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        I felt bad about leaving a positive review for a product that ultimately turned out to be an utter failure. I will not repeat that mistake again.


        ETA: You inspired me to go back and correct the problem. I updated my review to reflect my negative experience with the product. (I still think that will be my one-and-only Amazon review.)
        Last edited by flatcap; 09-08-2023, 01:37 PM.

        Comment


          That would be disheartening. For a couple of monthsI was crowing around about how great the suction-type grab-bar was and might have reviewed it favorably too and then been similarly disappointed. It interests me that there was a 30-day return window, and for the first 30 days it was working beautifully. It even lasted for another 30 days. Then crash.

          I should have been suspicious of a product like that with such a short return-window policy.

          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            I should return things that don't work for me more often.

            I let the return window slip by on a new pair of pants that don't fit — I know they don't because I bought another pair in a different color that I laundered — and now I'm stuck with them. I think I'll put them on the freebie table downstairs since they are still in the package. If they weren't, I would give them to charity, along with the pair I put through the wash.

            Then we have my most recent cap debacle. Without going into details, it was an utter failure. The cap is beautifully made; it just doesn't look right on me — at all.

            Fortunately, the maker has another customer who wears the same size and has interest in the cap, so he gets it gratis since I have no idea what I would ask for it in a sale. I won't say how much I am out as a result of all this, but it isn't chump change.

            I think this will be my last cap order. My batting average — 0.363 — isn't getting any better, so I should probably quit while I'm ahead. (Behind?) I have two caps I really like, plus two more that I think look better than just OK on me, so it isn't like I need any more of them.

            But such are the chances one takes when it comes to bespoke clothing. I don't know of any one-man shops that accept returns.

            I recently had very good luck on Amazon returning the first item I ever have anywhere online. Matter of fact, I didn't have to return it all; they just sent a replacement. It wasn't until it was too late to return it a second time that I found out I couldn't use it, so I'm stuck with that item, too. :(

            Sorry. I'm kind of all over the place with that. In addition to asserting myself when it comes to returns, I need to get better at timing them before the return window closes.

            Comment


              I really hate returning things. It's a bother and time-consuming. Also I'm reminded of my ex-DIL who was in the habit of buying items and doing a bit of damage to them deliberately, then returning them for a refund while claiming that the damage was done to the item before she got it. She was so notorious that at least one store had her on a list of some kind, monitoring her or some such thing. It was so very dishonest, and yet I just read an article about the whole returns industry, which is huge. Apparently many people think it's really OK to "buy" a dress for an occasion like a wedding or a special dance, wear it, and then return it for a refund, even though it's been used by then.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                I always thought women got away with a lot more than men do when it comes to returning clothing items.

                Comment


                  I am looking for a sturdy cane like device I can attach to a twin bed Soo John could grab onto it and get help getting up from bed. IT would have to lock onto the frame tightly.

                  Comment


                    Linda, a while back I looked into that kind of aid and noticed some supported by sliding part of the device between the mattress and the box spring. I'm not sure it would be as stable as needed? Might it slide around, I'm wondering?

                    I didn't actually get any such device. I'm still using my rollator handles (with the rollator firmly locked in place) positioned close enough to the bed so I can use them to get up and out.

                    Something like this is what I was looking into:

                    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by flatcap View Post
                      I always thought women got away with a lot more than men do when it comes to returning clothing items.
                      We're so cute and cuddly that we just charm everyone we meet.

                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        haha... I knew there must be some reason.

                        BTW, did you see my message? If yes, enough said. If no, you have mail.

                        Comment


                          Thanks Agate

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by flatcap View Post
                            haha... I knew there must be some reason.

                            BTW, did you see my message? If yes, enough said. If no, you have mail.
                            Just to explain about why I didn't see the message: I don't get e-mail notifications of PMs any more though at one time I think those were routinely sent. In fact, the only way I find out if I have a PM here is if I happen to remember how many messages were showing and the little number at the top right of the screen and happen to notice that that number has increased.

                            Other people have different-looking screens for this board, and so maybe this isn't the way others find private messages. But if it's the same way for others, be cautioned that you may have PMs you didn't realize you had.

                            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                            Comment


                              Harking back to my problem with the suction-type grab bar I bought from an Amazon seller, I just had an actual reply from the seller, and I've been offered a FULL REFUND. I'm really grateful that there are still honest merchants out there who are conscientious enough to do something like this. This is what the message said:

                              We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience regarding your order and would like to offer you a full refund for your purchase.
                              If you would like a full refund: please reply 'Full refund'.
                              We hope that you give us another chance. Thank you very much.

                              Best regards,
                              LORESJOY
                              Last edited by agate; 09-14-2023, 08:03 AM.
                              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                              Comment


                                This article has some good ideas about getting up from a chair or bed.

                                "How to Stand Up More Easily" -- from Consumer Reports (September 2023):

                                Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
                                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X