Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy birthday, Linda (Lazarus)--February 11!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Happy birthday, Linda (Lazarus)--February 11!

    A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LINDA!

    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    #2
    Happy Birthday Linda!! You share this day with my oldest niece. Hope you are out celebrating.
    Virginia

    Comment


      #3
      Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Lazarus! Happy birthday to you.

      Comment


        #4
        Thank you all very much! It was a fun birthday day. I am now 75. How did that happen?!

        Comment


          #5
          "It's only a number."

          Glad you could celebrate. Might as well make a big holiday of one's birthday. Otherwise a person might get to thinking sad thoughts. Birthday parties are probably a form of escapism or "denial" but it's useful escapism or denial. We can't do anything about the passing of time except imagine ourselves in one of those time warps as on "Star Trek."

          How are you and John doing this winter? Dealing with the Weather mostly?
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            #6
            Linda, 75 is quite young. How's John?
            Virginia

            Comment


              #7
              Thank you all for good wishes and thanks for asking about John. He is 866 now and is having a very tough time. I am not sure he will improve and no one is quiet. Sure what is wrong. I am handling too much but.decisions will have to be made soon enough abbbput what we will be le to do.

              Comment


                #8
                Rough time for both of you. I am so sorry to hear this. We will be here if there is anyway we can help.
                Virginia

                Comment


                  #9
                  Linda, I'm so sorry things aren't going well for John. This must be a very stressful time for you both. Paring down one's life and having to give up activities is so hard. It's like saying goodbye to them forever, and in fact that is what it is, but I'm finding it's best not to dwell on that idea. I've been trimming away at my belongings and activities, cutting everything down or out--and finding I enjoy the time and space I've just created just because they make everything else easier.

                  Maybe you can find ways of reorganizing the farming activities so you can keep up with some of them and offer up a new and improved (if scaled-back) version of what you were offering before.

                  Or maybe I'm wrong in assuming that this is your concern. Maybe it's more how to get through each day and do all that needs to be done in that day. There are ever so many tasks that aren't in danger of anything bad happening if they get postponed. I postpone changing bed linens, cleaning the humidifier, and vacuuming as well as laundry and just about everything else on a very regular basis, and nobody needs to know about it. Hey, I'm slow. I get things done but at my own pace, thank you--that's my attitude, for what it's worth.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Can you get a part time caregiver in. That is what we are doing for my mom of a similar age. They do laundry, errands, dishes, anything she needs really.
                    Last edited by Ikoiko; 02-16-2023, 10:57 AM.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      It's what people in this building often do too. Some use the state-run system, others use an agency they choose and pay for themselves, and others use neighbors who are willing to help them, most often for pay. A woman down the hall currently has 3 neighbors taking turns--doing her laundry, shopping, and housework, helping her in and out of bed, and in and out of the bath or shower. She's over 90 and has been using this arrangement for several years now.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X