While we're waiting for some news about Howie, I'll ramble on about my recent trip to the podiatrist's office for the annual diabetic foot care visit.
The person who dealt with me wasn't the podiatrist I often see there but a woman whose job title wasn't clear to me. However, she seemed quite capable and gave information clearly.
She couldn't get a pulse in my left leg and recommended an ultrasound procedure. It's been ages since I had one of these, and the one I had was for some other part of me (bladder?). She said it would take about an hour and a half and would reveal whether there was any blockage in the arteries.
I asked why it would be useful to know this. She said that it really wasn't useful unless I had an open wound on that leg or foot. I think she was referring to the leg and the foot but am not sure. Maybe it was just the leg.
I opted to skip the ultrasound. I did agree to return in 3 months and every 3 months from now on though as the foot care they are delivering makes a big difference for me. Toenail problems can be a nuisance. So can calluses, bunions, and hammertoes.
Does anyone know anything about this type of ultrasound?
The person who dealt with me wasn't the podiatrist I often see there but a woman whose job title wasn't clear to me. However, she seemed quite capable and gave information clearly.
She couldn't get a pulse in my left leg and recommended an ultrasound procedure. It's been ages since I had one of these, and the one I had was for some other part of me (bladder?). She said it would take about an hour and a half and would reveal whether there was any blockage in the arteries.
I asked why it would be useful to know this. She said that it really wasn't useful unless I had an open wound on that leg or foot. I think she was referring to the leg and the foot but am not sure. Maybe it was just the leg.
I opted to skip the ultrasound. I did agree to return in 3 months and every 3 months from now on though as the foot care they are delivering makes a big difference for me. Toenail problems can be a nuisance. So can calluses, bunions, and hammertoes.
Does anyone know anything about this type of ultrasound?

Comment