I haven't watched the whole hearing from start to finish but merely dipped into it in places. Speaking from that limited familiarity with it, I'd say it's astonishing how much hot air is being expended by quite a number of people in suits there.
It was very entertaining though you have to wonder if some people have an unfulfilled yearning be part of one of those Starship Enterprise expeditions.
I don't know if they will delete it, but there is more to it than nursing home care in the UK.
It's a 54-minute video, and if you fast forward, you will find it also has to do with hospital treatment of patients during the COVID pandemic, hospitals purposely letting patients die under a variety of circumstances, illegal placements of DNRs, healthcare systems going as far as premeditatedly murdering patients for insurance purposes, etc.
Overall, it plays like a primer on conspiracy theorizing for beginners. Whether or not any of the anecdotes presented are true, this video does not effectively make the case they are or even might be. In short, it sounds like a bunch of disgruntled employees — and third parties in some cases — all with axes to grind.
There are many more reputable sources of information regarding the state of healthcare in the UK and US, I'm sure. If the link to the video is deleted, I would be OK with that. I don't think the video is worth watching, so it would be no great loss in my opinion.
I don't know if they will delete it, but there is more to it than nursing home care in the UK.
It's a 54-minute video, and if you fast forward, you will find it also has to do with hospital treatment of patients during the COVID pandemic, hospitals purposely letting patients die under a variety of circumstances, illegal placements of DNRs, healthcare systems going as far as premeditatedly murdering patients for insurance purposes, etc.
Overall, it plays like a primer on conspiracy theorizing for beginners. Whether or not any of the anecdotes presented are true, this video does not effectively make the case they are or even might be. In short, it sounds like a bunch of disgruntled employees — and third parties in some cases — all with axes to grind.
There are many more reputable sources of information regarding the state of healthcare in the UK and US, I'm sure. If the link to the video is deleted, I would be OK with that. I don't think the video is worth watching, so it would be no great loss in my opinion.
Did anyone catch the “Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena: Implications on National Security, Public Safety, and Government Transparency” hearing at the House Subcommittee on National Security, the Border, and Foreign Affairs?
If you missed it and are bored out of your mind, it is an epic tragic comedy.
• Epic because it ran about 2½ hours
• Tragic because it was a pitiful waste of government resources
• Comic because it was downright hilarious at times
Unless it was a ham-handed diversion from the fact-based issues of the day, it is hard to pin down a motive for having this hearing. It is even harder to believe that Congress could be brought down to the level of considering the merits of a thoroughly debunked case supported by nothing more than the testimony of conspiracy theorists.
Nevertheless, it makes for some interesting TV. But I should say I am easily entertained, even by charlatans and the suckers upon whom they ply their trade. I recommend watching if you appreciate dark humor want to see how your tax dollars were working in Congress on 7/26/2023.
Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... must be spinning in his grave.
ETA 1: This is not "political." Representatives from both sides of the aisle were either faking it, or they were flamboozled and fell for it. Either way, it's pretty funny.
ETA 2: The action starts at 06:10 in the video. Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... I could not get the video tool to accept this link (url&t=370s). The embedded video starts at 00:00 whether or not the time filter is added. Click the link if you want to skip to the action in another tab.
flatcap, I don't know if you happened to watch the PBS evening news today? There was a segment about this very hearing, including some of Grosch's bloviating. I'm not sure I spelled the name right--but he's one who testifies at some length. It starts at 40:14 on this video:
flatcap, I don't know if you happened to watch the PBS evening news today? There was a segment about this very hearing, including some of Grosch's bloviating. I'm not sure I spelled the name right--but he's one who testifies at some length. It starts at 40:14 on this video:
agate, I'm not sure of the spelling, either. Whoever he is, I thought he looked and sounded nuts during his testimony.
Comment