Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

July 2023: Keep on Moving

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    July 2023: Keep on Moving

    MS creates some real challenges to keep on moving. It helps to inspire each other on how to find ways to move.

    Did you stretch in your bed, swing your arms, roll side to side today? Or perhaps you did housework? Or exercised in a pool? Tracked your count of steps? Chased your cat around the home? Pushed the wheelchair wheels with your arms at the store? Post them here and we can support and egg each other on.

    REMEMBER: this is a keep on moving thread, not keep on exercising! Any moving is important it doesn't have to be exercise! Even Science proves that.

    (Sorry for the late start on this column)

    #2
    Hi Sunshine! Hope you are having a nice 4th of July!!
    Virginia

    Comment


      #3
      Hi there, Sunshine! Thank you for starting the Keep On Moving thread.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #4
        Average step count for June: 1,640 steps/day based on 26 days. Somewhat better than May.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #5
          Great going Agate!
          Virginia

          Comment


            #6
            I'm still doing modified exercises--skipping anything involving standing on tiptoes or putting too much weight on the injured foot, but recently I went back to the sit-to-stand routines, after a month or so without doing them, and to my amazement I hadn't backslid. In fact, they were easier to do than before. I can't figure out why this would have happened but it did.

            I'm still trying to keep up with the walking even though the foot is still swollen slightly. There's not usually any pain but for a couple of days recently I was very hobbled by pain in that foot. It wasn't the type of pain I had when the foot was first injured--not on top of the foot but on the bottom. I can't figure that out either but am very very glad it went away. I think I may have pulling the straps on the walking boot/shoe too tight.

            Some recent step counts:

            7/17/23 - 958 steps
            7/18/23 - 1718 "
            7/19/23 - 3128 "
            7/20/23 - 994 "
            7/21/23 - 1019 "
            7/22/23 - 1602 "
            7/23/23 - 2546 "
            7/24/23 - 1405 "
            7/25/23 - 1490 "
            7/26/23 - 2685 "
            7/27/23 - 2303 "



            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              #7
              Agate, you are keeping your step count up really well and with an injured foot at that. I am glad the pain on the bottom of your foot went away.

              I managed to do my exercises yesterday, but I will not be able to do them today. I had about two hours sleep last night, and it leaves me wobbly.
              Virginia

              Comment

              Working...
              X