My insurance plan offers an annual "wellness visit." I had one of those today. I was visited by a woman with a few initials after her name: DNP and FNP.
DNP = Doctor of Nursing Practice
FNP = Family Nurse Practitioner
She was quite efficient and pleasant. And she gave me a leaflet about a new program being offered by my medical insurance plan (United Health Care's AARP Medicare Complete). According to the leaflet, "For every home visit, we send a physician assistant or nurse practitioner along with a medical technician." This plan is offered as a way to "avoid unnecessary trips to the emergency room." They are open 7 days a week from 8 AM to 10 PM. They say they treat urinary tract infections, falls, flu, fever, injuries, skin infections, COVID-19, kidney stones, allergic reactions and a long list of other conditions. They can do EKGs, IV fluids, stitches, urinary catheter insertion, etc., etc.
This service could be a good resource for anyone who finds it difficult just to get to an urgent care center or ER, and then to have to wait there for hours, and then get transportation home.
I don't know if other insurance plans are offering something similar but I hope that wherever you are, you can find a service that enables you to get medical care at home if you need it.
I haven't actually used it but a friend in the Midwest has used a similar service, also offered by United Health Care, and she has been really pleased with it. She had a fall with an injury and was able to avoid some trips to doctors.
DNP = Doctor of Nursing Practice
FNP = Family Nurse Practitioner
She was quite efficient and pleasant. And she gave me a leaflet about a new program being offered by my medical insurance plan (United Health Care's AARP Medicare Complete). According to the leaflet, "For every home visit, we send a physician assistant or nurse practitioner along with a medical technician." This plan is offered as a way to "avoid unnecessary trips to the emergency room." They are open 7 days a week from 8 AM to 10 PM. They say they treat urinary tract infections, falls, flu, fever, injuries, skin infections, COVID-19, kidney stones, allergic reactions and a long list of other conditions. They can do EKGs, IV fluids, stitches, urinary catheter insertion, etc., etc.
This service could be a good resource for anyone who finds it difficult just to get to an urgent care center or ER, and then to have to wait there for hours, and then get transportation home.
I don't know if other insurance plans are offering something similar but I hope that wherever you are, you can find a service that enables you to get medical care at home if you need it.
I haven't actually used it but a friend in the Midwest has used a similar service, also offered by United Health Care, and she has been really pleased with it. She had a fall with an injury and was able to avoid some trips to doctors.

Comment