Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunshine2's Keep On Moving thread for August

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Sunshine2's Keep On Moving thread for August

    I seem to have the Internet back and will be busy catching up on everything that didn't get done for the past 4 days. I hope to read everyone's posts very soon.

    In the meantime, I sent a message to Sunshine2 a while back asking her if she would like me to do the Keep On Moving thread in her absence. I haven't had a reply, and so I'll take the liberty of starting it. Here is the post she uses:

    MS creates some real challenges to keep on moving. It helps to inspire each other on how to find ways to move.

    Did you stretch in your bed, swing your arms, roll side to side today? Or perhaps you did housework? Or exercised in a pool? Tracked your count of steps? Chased your cat around the home? Pushed the wheelchair wheels with your arms at the store? Post them here and we can support and egg each other on.

    REMEMBER: this is a keep on moving thread, not keep on exercising! Any moving is important it doesn't have to be exercise! Even Science proves that.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    #2
    While I'm here, I'll mention that my average step count for July (based on 29 days) came to 1,788 steps/day, better than June (1,640), and in fact the highest it's been since January.

    I now have a set of 1-lb. dumbbells and am trying to build up some arm strength.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #3
      Agate, we are going to enter you in a "strong ladies contest". You can be our poster lady. Congratulations on the excellent step count.
      Virginia

      Comment


        #4
        No word from Sunshine2 lately. I hope you're doing OK there, Sunshine2. I keep looking for news about SDS but lately all I've been getting is stories about how Celine Dion is supposed to be doing according to various people.

        Here are some recent step-counts for me:

        8/16/23 - 1521 steps
        8/17/23 - 3185 "
        8/18/23 - 1128 "
        8/19/23 - 515 "
        8/10/23 - 662 "
        8/21/23 - 2171 "
        8/22/23 - 1513 "
        8/23/23 - 2183 "
        8/24/23 - 1377 "
        8/25/23 - 2495 "
        8/26/23 - 1780 "
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #5
          Some great days in there from the Energizer Bunny!!
          Virginia

          Comment


            #6
            My new (diabetic) shoes are finally here. It has taken 4 months to get the right ones but now I have no excuse for not putting one foot in front of the other.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment

            Working...
            X