Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunshine2's Keep On Moving thread - September

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Sunshine2's Keep On Moving thread - September

    Since I haven't heard from Sunshine 2, I'm taking the liberty of starting her Keep on Moving thread for September. We all hope you are doing all right, Sunshine 2, and will be back among us soon!

    This is her opening statement for the thread that is inspiring us to keep those muscles active.

    MS creates some real challenges to keep on moving. It helps to inspire each other on how to find ways to move.

    Did you stretch in your bed, swing your arms, roll side to side today? Or perhaps you did housework? Or exercised in a pool? Tracked your count of steps? Chased your cat around the home? Pushed the wheelchair wheels with your arms at the store? Post them here and we can support and egg each other on.

    REMEMBER: this is a keep on moving thread, not keep on exercising! Any moving is important it doesn't have to be exercise! Even Science proves that.
    My August step count averaged 1,653 steps/day, a bit lower than July but I like to think I'm doing OK.

    What have others been doing for exercise?
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    #2
    I did my little leg exercises and sits to stands and squats and step-ups twice this past week.
    Virginia

    Comment


      #3
      Good for you, Virginia! Some exercises aren't supposed to be done every day, right? I remember a PT telling me to do some of the exercises on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I think the idea is to give the muscles more time to recover, or something like that?
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #4
        I know I need to do mine more often but it is hard when I don't sleep to feel like exercising.
        Virginia

        Comment


          #5
          That is so true about sleep. There are days when my muscles and bones just don't want to move. If I try to do some arm circles I can almost hear the joints trying to creak into place.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            #6
            Has anyone ever tired Qigong? It seems to be a somewhat easier version of tai chi but I'm not sure. I haven't done tai chi seriously but have watched it.

            Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
            Last edited by agate; 09-28-2023, 04:37 PM.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              #7
              It sounds interesting. I've done meditation and was in a meditation group and I do believe it can help physically if a person can focus on that moment and put everything else out of their mind. I always picked a word I liked and focused on that word when my mind would start to wonder.
              Virginia

              Comment


                #8
                I've done (or tried to do) mindful breathing, but it has been a long time. It was part of the therapy I was undergoing in the 1990s. I had a very hard time doing it. My mind would never quiet down for more than a few seconds at a time, if that long.

                I had a similar experience with hypnosis. There was no way I was ever going to be able to go under that.

                Comment

                Working...
                X