Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's been awhile...just checking in!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    It's been awhile...just checking in!

    Hello "old" friends, not sure if any of you will remember me...thought I'd check in and see how everyone was doing.
    Wonder how many of you are still around on the forum?
    This place was such a sanctuary for me, filled with support, friendship, tears and much laughter!
    I was and still am not dx with MS. I'm grateful.I'm a card carrying "limbo-lander" and have learned that it's ok.
    11-12 yrs ago when all my crazy sx started was a trying time. I still have the odd neurological sx but I see a fabulous GP & neurologist when needed.
    10 years ago I developed TN, (trigeminal neuralgia) it lasted 7 or 8 mths then went in remission for 8 yrs!!! I thought it was gone for good...2 yrs ago it came back and it has steadily progressed...that is my main health struggle. Actually looking into surgery now...
    I've been off work since November due to side effects of my meds and progressing TN, but I'm hopeful that better days are around the corner!

    I'm still married ;) to my wonderful husband, and my girls are now 19 yrs & 14 yrs old. Time sure flies....
    I think of you often and look forward to snooping around and seeing how you all are doing!
    Last time I was here was 2 yrs ago...
    Xoxo Mimi
    Last edited by MimiFraser; 09-06-2012, 12:10 PM. Reason: Quick add on, lol

    #2
    Mimi, how nice that you're checking in!

    Too bad about the TN though. I hope the surgery will help if you decide to go that route.

    Quite a few people you'd remember are still here, I think, though some check in only now and then.

    I hope your health will improve soon.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #3
      Hi Mimi.:)

      Good to see you again and very, very sorry that we share MS and TN. There are a good bunch of us w TN w/in the MS Forum, sadly.

      I know statistics for MS'ers aren't as good w surgery on TN as those w/o MS. And, that after the first 3 years the results (for some surgeries) are doubtful.

      I'm interested to hear what you have planned and how it works for you.

      Welcome back, ANN
      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

      Comment


        #4
        It has been awhile, welcome home Mimi. Gee your kids aren't much younger than you now.

        So nice to hear from you and Hope you feel better soon.
        Love, Sally


        "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






        Comment


          #5
          Hi Mimi. I do remember your username.

          Comment

          Working...
          X