Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recording sessions with medical providers?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Recording sessions with medical providers?

    I've heard of people recording their office visits with a doctor, and it seems like a good way of making sure you've correctly heard what is being said but it doesn't seem advisable without the consent of everyone present. As it turns out, there are many situations where it's legal to make these recordings without telling anyone you're doing so, according to this:

    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

    What do you think?
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    #2
    While it might be handy to play back later, there are some doctors who might find it intimidating. There are so many law suits against doctors. I can see the good and the bad in doing this.
    Virginia

    Comment


      #3
      I have almost no experience in recording anything but if I did, I wouldn't want to try recording anyone without that person's permission. This may be a very outdated attitude, now that there are surveillance cameras in so many places, but it does seem unfair to the person being recorded if that person doesn't know about the recording first.

      My doctor started using one of those "scribe" systems a while back, and the first time she told me about it and "introduced" the scribe, who appeared as a person showing up on the screen. I'm pretty sure that the scribe has been in use during other visits after that but I don't think my permission was asked, which is all right because the first time was enough to establish that it would be happening.

      So if doctor feel obliged to let patients know they are using a recording system of some kind, patients should feel obliged too, it seems to me.

      If patients do use recordings, it might help to keep doctors from doing anything irregular. It might even help to keep them from dismissing a person's symptoms and hurrying patients out of the office, as seems to happen very often.

      Still, I don't think I'd want to try it but mainly because I'm just not technically adept enough to be able to get the device working right.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment

      Working...
      X